Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No audio
(04-23-2017, 05:15 PM)floch Wrote: I tested your speaker-test and I am still with no sound.
Sad

(04-23-2017, 05:15 PM)floch Wrote: I checked alsamixer and option F6 and found that I do not have setup default sound card. Options are USB Audio and rockchip. 
F6 - choose "USB audio" and check "Headphone" and "Headphone 1" is unmuted (not MM) and ~80.

(04-23-2017, 05:15 PM)floch Wrote: I do not know how to do it, to setup default sound card to USB Audio. I hoped that it do PulseAudio Control, but it did not work.
PulseAudio is soundserver and depends on ALSA drivers. Try to "systemctl stop lightdm" that also stops PulseAudio (/usr/bin/pulseaudio daemon) and try ALSA again (direct hw test "speaker-test -c2 -Dhw:CARD=Audio,DEV=2").

[Image: 800px-Pulseaudio-diagram.svg.png]

(04-23-2017, 05:15 PM)floch Wrote: It seems that TinkerOS is not fully configured.
I can not find: /proc/asound/modules /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf /etc/asound.conf
It is okay, all running in default settings, no additional configurations/modules needed to use ALSA drivers backend-only (sink/source).

(04-23-2017, 05:15 PM)floch Wrote: command pacmd does not works.
"pacmd" works only in session with "/usr/bin/pulseaudio" daemon (under same user).

- Try to visually check connector contacts (connector inside), check cable, use other headphones. 3.5 jack must be fully inserted (there is hot-plug detection contact/pin ("HP_DET#") inside connector).
- Try to check dmesg for some sort of errors (like # dmesg | egrep -i 'usb audio|usb 3-1').
- Try other TinkerBoard.
(04-23-2017, 07:10 PM)mcerveny Wrote: - Try to visually check connector contacts (connector inside), check cable, use other headphones. 3.5 jack must be fully inserted (there is hot-plug detection contact/pin ("HP_DET#") inside connector).
- Try to check dmesg for some sort of errors (like # dmesg | egrep -i 'usb audio|usb 3-1').
- Try other TinkerBoard.

Thanks a lot !!!  It works and I have sound. You helped me.  

It is stupid. I needed only to use more force to plugin the jack into TinkerBoard to find right place inside and to connect jack to board.

I did not pressed jack enough into Tinkerboard.

Thanks much again. I was thinking to return board to supplier.