Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: TinkerOS_Android V13.13.0.74 Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
20180206-tinker-board-android-marshmallow-userdebug-v13.13.0.74.img.zip

TinkerOS_Android V13.13.0.74

Release Notes
*Changelog
1. Change UART debug port to UART 3.
2. Support the old v1.0 spec of MIPI-DSI Touchscreen Display.
3. Let Wi-Fi start to scan earlier at boot completed. --> [forum 718]
4. Support DS3231 RTC module.
5. Support USB audio can as an output option for users to switch. --> [forum 801 & 676]
6. Enable OpenCL library.
7. Fix mismatch between touch and display orientation. [forum pid3822]
8. Update Rockchip's media library.
9. Fixed UMS cannot work when plugging at PC's USB 3.0 port.

MD5:
702ac4de7cda1f7e4a19215f7f72b9fb (zip)
31e9ba9c6ce65926d657d97506e04182 (img)
Is there an ETA on Google Play support yet?

EDIT: After a few hours tinkering around I have come to the inclusion that Google Play Store and Services STILL can not be manually installed, Item 3 in the changelog has not been fixed (I can't say anything else about the changelog as I don't have them items to test out)

So if anyone really needs the Playstore installed then stick to the Android release that Goole Playstore works for you. No need to update to this release
(03-03-2018, 02:53 AM)SBCJunkie Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an ETA on Google Play support yet?

EDIT: After a few hours tinkering around I have come to the inclusion that Google Play Store and Services STILL can not be manually installed, Item 3 in the changelog has not been fixed (I can't say anything else about the changelog as I don't have them items to test out)

So if anyone really needs the Playstore installed then stick to the Android release that Goole Playstore works for you. No need to update to this release

Did you try the install steps from this wiki?
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_Play_Store

Since Tinker is developer board? and Android is developer version, so it could not have the google service?? (I think that is google policy?)
But we still can install them by some manual method.

(03-03-2018, 02:53 AM)SBCJunkie Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an ETA on Google Play support yet?

I'm with you. Without playstore service running we are limited a lot.
(03-05-2018, 03:59 AM)Craz_tyle Wrote: [ -> ]

Since Tinker is developer board? and Android is developer version, so it could not have the google service?? (I think that is google policy?)
But we still can install them by some manual method.

Yes I have and does not work. The ETAPrime guide (If you can call it that) does not work either

If someone like me can build Android 7.0 with a working Playstore on this thing than i'm sure a massive company like Asus can do way better
Does anyone know if there are any working images with the playstore anywhere? Or which is the latest version of android capable of having a non crashing version of the playstore ?
(03-09-2018, 01:50 PM)kherny Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if there are any working images with the playstore anywhere? Or which is the latest version of android capable of having a non crashing version of the playstore ?

There is no image with Google Play installed because Google still haven't given Asus the go ahead to make an image with one in and I would say 4.4.2 as that's the version i'm using and the Google Playstore does not crash on it.

No 4.4.2 is my own personal build but there is plenty of guides on the net on how to build your own. Though make sure you got enough hdd space first as the build environment can get big
(03-06-2018, 02:38 PM)SBCJunkie Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2018, 03:59 AM)Craz_tyle Wrote: [ -> ][quote="SBCJunkie" pid='4939' dateline='1520045591']

Yes I have and does not work. The ETAPrime guide (If you can call it that) does not work either

If someone like me can build Android 7.0 with a working Playstore on this thing than i'm sure a massive company like Asus can do way better

I've follow the wiki method, it works. I have non-crash Play Store on 6.0.1
The wiki method works with the image at the top of this thread

Ready made image with that and play store installed, just login with your google account:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hi524S...-lv5q_UfSk [603 MB] needs at least 8GB card
(03-11-2018, 07:15 PM)Mikerr Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki method works with the image at the top of this thread

Ready made image with that and play store installed, just login with your google account:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hi524S...-lv5q_UfSk [603 MB] needs at least 8GB card

Would you mind to share the procedures on how to prepare the above image?
Pages: 1 2 3 4