Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Volume Control does nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I went from 2.03 to 2.07 and the volume control on the taskbar does not work at all. I originally had no sound but I played around with pulse audio and got my speakers to work.

Any ideas?
(08-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Smiley85 Wrote: [ -> ]I went from 2.04 to 2.08 and the volume control on the taskbar does not work at all. I originally had no sound but I played around with pulse audio and got my speakers to work.

Any ideas?

Maybe kmix.
Go to synaptic and search for kmix install and look for it in the menu.
I have it installed in TinkerboadOS ver 2.0.7
It is working with the HDMI rockchip.
(08-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Smiley85 Wrote: [ -> ]I went from 2.04 to 2.08
Is TinkerOS that your mentioning?
I think we have just 2.07 ATM.
But what Desktop Environment have you installed, LXDE ?
Sorry I ment 2.07.

KMIX did not work even after messing around with the different types of audio.

The weird thing is that YouTube, Netflix audio is working but other websites do not.
I presume that is not the hardware missing to work, but some program to access the hardware. What browser are using ?
Then you should check the browser setting.
I have the same problem from time to time. I just right click on the volume icon, select 'Launch Mixer', find the output device ("rockchip-miniarm-codec" is sound to HDMI) and adjust from there.
(08-03-2018, 05:11 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: [ -> ]I presume that is not the hardware missing to work, but some program to access the hardware. What browser are using ?
Then you should check the browser setting.

I'm using Chromium. When I go to the browser settings, I get an error message.

I'm going to reinstall the OS hopefully it fixes everything.
Discovering the problem may improve your skill, rather than reinstalling.
I suggest you to use a /home partition, so your setting and data won't disappear all together.
I've got the same problem. The volume control on the system tray moves up and down, but does not adjust the volume. I have to open the PulseAudio volume control program to change the volume. Can't adjust it from the volume keys on my keyboard on this 2.0.7 version of TinkerOS. The keyboard does adjust the volume setting on the system tray, but it does not affect the volume at all.
(08-04-2018, 01:52 PM)Tinkard_Boer Wrote: [ -> ]I've got the same problem. The volume control on the system tray moves up and down, but does not adjust the volume. I have to open the PulseAudio volume control program to change the volume. Can't adjust it from the volume keys on my keyboard on this 2.0.7 version of TinkerOS. The keyboard does adjust the volume setting on the system tray, but it does not affect the volume at all.

I reinstall and yup still having this issue as well.

(08-03-2018, 05:21 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: [ -> ]Discovering the problem may improve your skill, rather than reinstalling.
I suggest you to use a /home partition, so your setting and data won't disappear all together.

I'm not that savy with linux.

(08-03-2018, 10:01 AM)dom_m Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem from time to time. I just right click on the volume icon, select 'Launch Mixer', find the output device ("rockchip-miniarm-codec" is sound to HDMI) and adjust from there.

When I do this, the sound comes through my monitor. I would perfer if it came through my speakers.
Pages: 1 2 3