Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Testing gigabit speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, the gigabit ethernet is a big feature of this board, so here's some quick benchmarks

iperf to and from a HP 1610 Microserver:

[Image: C4jWZIqXAAIlSik.jpg]

Set up a samba share using a ramdisk ( a 1GB ramdisk is preconfigured at /dev/shm in the standard OS) and it has no problem maxing out the connection:

[Image: 9Ajjbprm.jpg]

Here's a more realistic transfer from the internal SD to a windows machine:

[Image: vH6bvstm.jpg]

and from an attached USB hard drive:
Those are indeed good numbers for a GbE controller. For NFS root / boot, that would be ideal.  It's a shame this board only has USB 2.0 on it. Which, I wonder if the USB 2.0 controller is top notch as well ? No doubt all 4 port are on the same root hub though . . .
(04-21-2017, 10:56 PM)Yyrkoon Wrote: [ -> ]It's a shame this board only has USB 2.0 on it. Which, I wonder if the USB 2.0 controller is top notch as well ? No doubt all 4 port are on the same root hub though . . .

Well, I would call that a(nother) design flaw, utilizing only one of the SoC's USB host ports to connect all exposed USB receptacles via an internal hub to. On the bright side: new Rockchip designs coming soon (quad-core 64-bit, USB3, one Gigabit Ethernet and second Ethernet optional both not having to share bandwidth with USB buses).

BTW, for top Samba performance have a look here (Samba and general network settings need some tweaks to perform good in real world situations): https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?/top...h-armbian/

I even built an OMV image for Tinkerboard but there seems to be a reboot problem (the OMV image restarts one time automagically on first boot after finishing installation and rebooting with the kernel we use seems to fail in this image so you need to power cycle the board after approx. 2 minutes). It seems the reboot problems is fixed so this will be available later as kernel update (apt upgrade) but I won't look into it since I totally lost interest in this board in the meantime.