Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Android 7 Nougat. Date and time reset after reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. 

Im having a problem with the date and time resetting after a reboot. Power is not disconnected. Just a reboot. Previous version of Android I could switch the tinker off and on using the pins that needed to be soldered in on the board next to the hdmi port and it would keep time aslong as the power was not removed. Android 7 it resets the date and time. 

Anyone have a solution.
(10-27-2018, 06:39 AM)Quintinsleeking Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. 

Im having a problem with the date and time resetting after a reboot. Power is not disconnected. Just a reboot. Previous version of Android I could switch the tinker off and on using the pins that needed to be soldered in on the board next to the hdmi port and it would keep time aslong as the power was not removed. Android 7 it resets the date and time. 

Anyone have a solution.

Hi, Quintinsleeking
    It should be caused by some commits of supporting DS3231. I will build a whole Android image image to you, but it needs some time on my poor computer. Please stay tuned.
(10-31-2018, 02:58 AM)jamess Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2018, 06:39 AM)Quintinsleeking Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. 

Anyone have a solution.

Hi, Quintinsleeking
    It should be caused by some commits of supporting DS3231. I will build a whole Android image image to you, but it needs some time on my poor computer. Please stay tuned.

Hi, Quintinsleeking
    Please check out the below image, thanks.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bDSxbm...kRNX7TD18h
Same Problem on Android 6 image. Date/time is always reseted on reboot.
(11-13-2018, 10:36 AM)networx Wrote: [ -> ]Same Problem on Android 6 image. Date/time is always reseted on reboot.

Dear, networx
    Yes, we apply the same commit on Android M. It's all because we hope user can use the DS3231 RTC module without any modification.
    So we disabled the original rtc component in the PMIC. Since we think that the original rtc function is in-complete. (It will loss the rtc data when power off)
    Sorry that we did not consider the case of reboot. Do you also need a new test Android M image ? or I can give you the patch, then you can build image by yourself.
Dear jamess,

would be nice if you can also provide an Android M image. Is ist also possible to get an rooted version with original rtc working?
We want to use NTP instead of adding DS3231 module to every TB (+30).

Thanks for your support @jamess
@Jamess

Happy new year!

Any news on this topic?

Reagards Peter
(01-02-2019, 09:08 AM)networx Wrote: [ -> ]@Jamess

Happy new year!

Any news on this topic?

Reagards Peter

Dear, networx
    Please use the below image
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vPgrel...LNU4PlOlyp
Same issue here i use the TB for a head unit and when I turn of the car the TB goes to sleep mode and when the car turns back on the date and time are change I tried manual and network and same results