Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: SPI to Pi-Top CEED hub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put a TinkerBoard S into my Pi-Top CEED running TinkerOS 2.0.8.  I recompiled their poweroff-v1.c code using the wiringpi libs from TinkerOS.  On a Raspberry Pi 3+ and Raspbian this code causes the hub to power off the board every time.  On TinkerBoard and TinkerOS it only works intermittently as if the SPI bus isn’t always working properly.  Is SPI stable in this version?
(12-03-2018, 02:54 AM)WZ9V Wrote: [ -> ]I put a TinkerBoard S into my Pi-Top CEED running TinkerOS 2.0.8.  I recompiled their poweroff-v1.c code using the wiringpi libs from TinkerOS.  On a Raspberry Pi 3+ and Raspbian this code causes the hub to power off the board every time.  On TinkerBoard and TinkerOS it only works intermittently as if the SPI bus isn’t always working properly.  Is SPI stable in this version?

We have no this device on hand. As you said, it can work intermittently, it means the driver should be correct. It calls the correct SPI controller and issues the correct SPI command.
From this file https://github.com/pi-top/Device-Managem...v1.service
It will call the poweroff-v1 binary by service when user poweroff the TinkerBoard.
Can you help to try to run the command by terminal manually ? I want to check if the problem is caused by the service call or caused by the poweroff-v1 binary file.
I’m running it manually after I recompile with the ASUS WiringPi libraries on 2.0.8.  While it works sometimes it is not very consistent.  Yes, you are looking at the same source I borrowed from Github.

I have not tried to make it a service since I wanted to get it working properly first.

Only thing I can think to try is rebuilding WiringPi from the instructions on the ASUS site rather than using the one installed as part of 2.0.8