Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Which OS version shall I use for the tinker board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a tinker board(without S), but it makes confuse what's the latest version of TinkerOS.
In the official site www.asus.com/us/Single-Board-Computer/Tinker-Board/
it gives the link of 1.8 version: 
dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Linux/Tinker_Board_2GB/20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip

But in the latest version, the link of download URL which contains "Tinker_Board_S" as below:

dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Linux/Tinker_Board_S/20181023-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.8.img.zip

So it's possible to install the new version(2.0.8) into Tink Board(without S)?
TBS or no-S is the same kernel. The difference resides on the way the hardware detects the MASKROM configuration. Which is a bit of trouble on the S version.
FYI i installed the latest 2.0.8 on a SD card, without problems. Therefore it won't be a problem to burn a SD card for that. If you'll get some issue, feel free to come back an tell us about it.
(12-21-2018, 02:24 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: [ -> ]TBS or no-S is the same kernel. The difference resides on the way the hardware detects the MASKROM configuration. Which is a bit of trouble on the S version.
FYI i installed the latest 2.0.8 on a SD card, without problems. Therefore it won't be a problem to burn a SD card for that. If you'll get some issue, feel free to come back an tell us about it.

Thanks, I indeed faced some problems with 2.0.8 version + SD card.
1. The web browser crash immediately after opens it(found the solution).
2. The whole OS freeze after I access USB camera using gst-launch
Code:
gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=640,height=480 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink