Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: USB mouse and keyboard not recognized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I am using tinker OS debian V2.0.8. Flash went good !! OS started up well without any issues. However, usb key board and mouse are not recognized. I tried all the usb ports, but it still doesn't work. I use Targus mouse and some basic key board.

I checked the input power. It's 5v 3A. I don't see any issues on that. Could you please help me? Thanks
(05-27-2019, 04:21 AM)raja Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any issues on that.

I do.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4767-pow...micro-usb/
(05-27-2019, 04:51 AM)igorpec Wrote: [ -> ][quote="raja" pid='10738' dateline='1558930861']I don't see any issues on that.

I do.

Hi Igorpec,

Thanks for your reply

I am using standard Rpi charger with 5v and 2.5A. I also tried mobile charger which gives 5v and 4A. None of them worked. Do you suspect other causes?
It is obvious that you haven't read what is on that link.
You'll have to forgive Igor. He's tired of poorly designed SBCs that try to take power over micro USB and fail at it, causing an endless stream of questions in forums. It isn't just the Tinkerboard. Fortunately, most new boards seem to be offering barrel jacks or USB-C.

TLDR: Connect peripherals via a powered USB hub or power the Tinker via GPIO pins. No power supply plugged into the Tinker's micro USB will provide enough juice.
(05-27-2019, 09:37 AM)igorpec Wrote: [ -> ]It is obvious that you haven't read what is on that link.

Yes, I did. I have used shorter cables and a dedicated Rpi powering unit. I will share the picture of powering unit in a while. 

Thanks Beauslim. I will power it through GPIO pins.