Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Updated creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I would like to know how to create an update (update.zip) that we put in /data/media/0

And who will install the update

Thank you
(06-15-2019, 01:06 PM)JPX87 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I would like to know how to create an update (update.zip) that we put in /data/media/0

And who will install the update

Thank you

Hi, I haven't made long time. But as I wrote down, it was after the compilation of the whole image:
Code:
cd {croot}/RKTools/linux/Linux_Pack_Firmware/rockdev
./collectImages.sh && ./mkupdate.sh
But remember that after installation of this update you'll get the pop up "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details.".
Hello,

Yes I know but my problem is that I only have 8GB of RAM and so the build does not work
As for the problem of the pop pup, I think it comes from the date in build.prop
I think there is no way without to download the whole source tree and compile it once. BTW on which OS you are trying this?
Hello,
I used this repo:
repo init -u https://git@bitbucket.org/TinkerBoard_An...nifest.git -b sbc/tinkerboard/asus/Android-7.1.2
And you
and you
Yes, I was using the same. But I like to know what Os you are using to compile? Windows, Mac or Linux? I am using Linux Mint but my machine has 16 GB of ram. But I was also able to compile on a Linux VirtualBox with 8GB of ram.
Hello,
I have a computer under Ubuntu 18 with 8 GB of RAM, I do not use virtual machine.
Hello, what distribution have you virtualized?
I used Linux Mint 18.1, but normally you go well with Ubuntu 16.04.
With a quick search I found this ready made image for VirtualBox to build Android:
Pages: 1 2