Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Android 9 Tinkerboard Repositories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know where / if there are Android 9 Tinkerboard repositories available?

Thank you!

Darran
Should already they come out android 8
(08-06-2019, 08:50 PM)Leskriim Wrote: [ -> ]Should already they come out android 8

What / where?
Anyone working on oreo or pie for this device?
(08-14-2019, 03:05 PM)darran Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone working on oreo or pie for this device?

I don't think ASUS have any plans for a modern android release and unless someone does one third party I reckon android updates for this device are dead
I think that is going discourage adoption of this device as a platform
Last update was 6 months ago, maybe they'll push a new one out soon, who knows  Huh
(08-28-2019, 05:02 PM)darran Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is going discourage adoption of this device as a platform

I agree, especially since the RPI4 has come out.
We are looking at Khadas, RockPro64, and a few others as alternatives. They all have nougat builds.
(08-29-2019, 02:01 AM)darran Wrote: [ -> ]We are looking at Khadas, RockPro64, and a few others as alternatives. They all have nougat builds.

I don't know how their Nougat builds are, but the TB's Nougat builds all have buggy display issues.  I am running a variant of Marshmallow (the latest as of about a month ago, SlashTV) but even the last official Marshmallow release worked well.  It would be great to get a newer Android that actually worked, though.
Pages: 1 2