Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: No audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I have been trying to get my tinkerboard up and running for some time now and even contacting Asus has been a dead end.  so far I have not been able to get any audio working thought the HDMI or audio jack.  Any information will be a large help.  Thanks.
Out of the box the audio was not enabled.
In a terminal Do:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Try again
(03-12-2017, 08:53 PM)Electrohacker Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have been trying to get my tinkerboard up and running for some time now and even contacting Asus has been a dead end.  so far I have not been able to get any audio working thought the HDMI or audio jack.  Any information will be a large help.  Thanks.

Did you try "PulseAudio Volume Control".
("Menu" > "Sound & Video" > "PulseAudio Volume Control")

Checkout what "Output Device" has been selected. 
Or you can change(switch is "Green Tick") "Output Device" as like as you wish.

"Headset-Output" is 3.5 AUX Audio Jack
"rockchip.miniarm-codec Analog Stereo" is HDMI Audio

Try it again Smile
I have tried both of your suggestions with no luck, I can see the meter moving in the pulse volume control, but no audi still in either HDMI or the headphone jack.
Install Kodi

sudo apt-get install kodi

Make sure the settings point to the output you are testing, and use Kodi as your sound source. i.e. play an mp3 or a movie. Kodi may update the drivers that are not working.
(03-13-2017, 03:02 AM)Electrohacker Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried both of your suggestions with no luck, I can see the meter moving in the pulse volume control, but no audi still in either HDMI or the headphone jack.

Hi,

I just wanted to check are you using a cable with 4 pole 3.5mm jack split out to 1) Stereo Audio and 2) Microphone?.

Regards

Nick
(03-13-2017, 04:25 PM)euler Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2017, 03:02 AM)Electrohacker Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried both of your suggestions with no luck, I can see the meter moving in the pulse volume control, but no audi still in either HDMI or the headphone jack.

Hi,

I just wanted to check are you using a cable with 4 pole 3.5mm jack split out to 1) Stereo Audio and 2) Microphone?.

Regards

Nick

I am using the ones i use with my phone which have a mic.  Also i have kodi installed no audio there either.
What player do you use?
(03-15-2017, 09:21 AM)yi-hsin_hung Wrote: [ -> ]What player do you use?

Youtube in the Browser
(03-15-2017, 02:21 PM)Electrohacker Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2017, 09:21 AM)yi-hsin_hung Wrote: [ -> ]What player do you use?

Youtube in the Browser
Hi
   Please help to provide the following infomation to us. Thank a lot!

1. aplay -l
2. cat /proc/asound/cards
3. capture the the following picture to us
    a. open youtube
    b. open "PulseAudio Volume Control --> Playback --> capture"
Pages: 1 2 3