Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Tinkerboard Audio In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day All -

I've recently come across a tinker board in a piece of obsolete network monitoring equipment. I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in working out how to get the 3.5mm Jack to recognize audio in -

what I am trying to do is stream through the audio in port from an external source (a radio) to stream via a local server set up on the tinkerboard.

I have the software partially configured, now I just need the hardware.

Cheers Smile
I think it might be possible with arecord, but you should use administrator privileges.
It may take a TRRS plug, those designed for smartphone headset. There are similar one, but used for OTG USB or AV plug, which are slightly bigger and they won't fit.
(11-01-2019, 12:01 PM)Kazzaw Wrote: [ -> ]G'day All -

I've recently come across a tinker board in a piece of obsolete network monitoring equipment. I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in working out how to get the 3.5mm Jack to recognize audio in -

what I am trying to do is stream through the audio in port from an external source (a radio) to stream via a local server set up on the tinkerboard.

I have the software partially configured, now I just need the hardware.

Cheers Smile

I'm not quite sure what you mean. But I would suggest, 1. you check the audio configuration in raspi-config (3,5 or auto), 2. you right-click the audio icon in the sys tray, which leads you to all input and output devices in the mixer. I use this to select my ouput devices (BT headset oder 3.5 or USB audio). I have never tried to record on my tinker, but this is where I would look first.

Hope this helps.