Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Customization in Android OS Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to do some customization in Android OS Build of Asus Tinker Board (Android 7).

For example, some system settings, boot logo, boot animation etc.

I use Windows 10 operating system and am not familiar with Linux.

Please guide me to achieve this.

Regards,
Rohit
(11-05-2019, 07:26 AM)rohito Wrote: [ -> ]I use Windows 10 operating system and am not familiar with Linux.

With such requisites, you won't get that farther. Studies are required or reduce your ambitions.
(11-07-2019, 07:12 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2019, 07:26 AM)rohito Wrote: [ -> ]I use Windows 10 operating system and am not familiar with Linux.

With such requisites, you won't get that farther. Studies are required or reduce your ambitions.

I asked for the help, you could have explained me well the way to achieve this. Arrogance won't take you farther.

Rohit
I wish I wasn't arrogant.
I would like to note that you have the hardware to manage, so you need to get the know-how. From here or elsewhere.
(11-05-2019, 07:26 AM)rohito Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I want to do some customization in Android OS Build of Asus Tinker Board (Android 7).

For example, some system settings, boot logo, boot animation etc.

I use Windows 10 operating system and am not familiar with Linux.

Please guide me to achieve this.

Regards,
Rohit

Hi rohito,

I came across this post and decided to offer some advice.

Please see the tutorials by AlaskaLinuxUser on YouTube to obtain the guidance requested. I recommend the "*NON-HD* How to build Custom ROMs and Kernel Modification![O][N][M][L]" as the best guide for beginners. Sadly, it is not possible to achieve your goals with Windows alone. Linux or Mac OS are per-requisites for making the changes you specified.

To your fortune, Windows 10 now has a feature that allows Linux to run as a subsystem. Please see the link below for more information.

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10

Happy Tinkering!