Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: RPI Camera example?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any example to use RPI camera using gstreamer or any other library?
I tried to use gstreamer pipeline: gst-launch-1.0 rkv4l2src device=/dev/video0
but there is an error message: erroneous pipeline: no element "rkv4l2src"
Setting Up The Raspberry Pi To Use gstreamer. You need to edit the sources.list file so enter: sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list. ...
To Stream The Video From the Raspberry Pi. Enter this on the command lne: raspivid -t 0 -h 720 -w 1080 -fps 25 -hf -b 2000000 -o - | gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc !
@JaceLogan Does Tinker edge R support raspivid?
Hi,

After check. Please use v4l2src directly to replace rkv4l2src (from OS v1.0.4).
Because rockchip already let gstreamer's v4l2 support their ISP, etc functions, no need special pipeline.

Thanks.
Dear Sirs
I'm now building the kernel with downloading the latest driver code=imx219.c and I could successfully done updating the boot.img. One problem occurs, I can see the image but no AE, no AWB, no IQ tuning is applied, only the de-mosaic is done.

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video5 num-buffers=100 ! video/x-raw, format=NV12,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert ! rkximagesink

It would be great if someone could advise me the way to apply the IQ tuning file to video pipeline.

And I think the driver code only has the register table for standard operation, no binning mode.
Then the driver should be under developing.
Is there any plan to update the driver code?

Thanks in advance.
Did you use whole v1.0.4 image? There are something done in rootfs.
(08-19-2020, 07:16 AM)leslie_yu Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use whole v1.0.4 image? There are something done in rootfs.

I'm sorry for long absence from last post about the camera IQ issue.
I down loaded and installed Tinker Edge R Debian Stretch V1.0.4
It would be great if you could explain about "rootfs" more precisely.

Thank you very much for your advice in advance.
Dear Sirs
Besides IMX219 camera, I'm trying to connect IMX397 camera which already succeeded in displaying the image on tinker board.
I modified the driver code both from working imx219.c for Edge R and from imx397.c for tinker board.
(Before trying IMX397, I executed "kernel build(self build)" with the imx219.c code from the github and I could see the image.)
Both codes are possible to display the image on tinker board, however, I cannot see the image on Edge R.
I modified the below codes.

(1)imx397.c 
(2)Makefile
(3)Kconfig
(4)tinker_edge_r.dts
(5)tinker_edge_r_defconfig

I wonder besides the above codes, I need to modify the others or media-ctl command.

Or could you give me the advice the way to operate the mipi camera by dtoverlay(?) without re-build the kernel.

Thank you very much for your kind help in advance.