Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Raspberry Pi 7 inch touch display not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was after 7 inch for a project I am doing and after seeing the Raspberry Pi 7 inch was working with the Tinker Board I though for price it would be great.

I want to use Android but I can't get the touch screen to work with the current V13.11.0.4 ASUS Android image. I tested the ASUS Debian build and the touch screen functions fine with that.

Does anyone know how to enable the touch screen on the Android build?

Cheers
Brett
Anyone have any luck with this or even know if it is possible?

I have been banging my head against a brick wall trying to get this to work.
(06-26-2017, 03:47 AM)skidder13 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have any luck with this or even know if it is possible?

I have been banging my head against a brick wall trying to get this to work.

One + here.
One more here also
(07-10-2017, 01:34 PM)JGX Wrote: [ -> ]One more here also

Hi, could you explain how, because i did activated touch for android but it is not working right, i think resolution issue there, thank you.
The screen worked beautifully for me, EXCEPT the touch functionality.
I'm trying to build a system for Plex and Wink to control my house.
(07-26-2017, 08:05 PM)sbynkln Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2017, 01:34 PM)JGX Wrote: [ -> ]One more here also

Hi, could you explain how, because i did activated touch for android but it is not working right, i think resolution issue there, thank you.

I just plugged the touchscreen wires to the GPIO and launched Android. Impossible to activate the touch screen functionality.
Is thare any procedure to activate the GPIO for touchscreen?
Idem with Android?
Sorry if I'm a noobie and thanks for your support
In another thread, I have been informed that standard touchscreen using a USB connector work fine.
The official RPI 7" TS does not use an USB connector but the DSI/GPIO.
It seems that Android does not activate or recognize this touch panel driver.
One solution would be to convert the official RPI TS connection into a USB one.
I will investigate if there is a way to interface the SCL/SDA wires coming from the RPI 7"TS to a USB connector.

The other option would be to get Androiod able to use the DSI or GPIO interface.
I have quite no knowledge on Android, any help would be appreciated
On RPI forums, I noticed that some experts from Aachen did an Android image capable to run Android with the official RPI touchscreen.
I have quite zero knowledge about Android, but I'm convinced that if it can run OK on RPI it should be the same withTB.
Does anyone know how to activate touch functionalities through DSI port on Android?
Thanks for the support.
(08-04-2017, 10:43 AM)JGX Wrote: [ -> ]In another thread, I have been informed that standard touchscreen using a USB connector work fine.
The official RPI 7" TS does not use an USB connector but the DSI/GPIO.
It seems that Android does not activate or recognize this touch panel driver.
One solution would be to convert the official RPI TS connection into a USB one.
I will investigate if there is a way to interface the SCL/SDA wires coming from the RPI 7"TS to a USB connector.

The other option would be to get Androiod able to use the DSI or GPIO interface.
I have quite no knowledge on  Android, any help would be appreciated

I am looking to buy a touch screen to use with android. Do you know what "standard touch screen using a USB connector" are called I would like to buy a touch display for testing. Or if you dont know maybe you could link to that other thread since I cant find it.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3