Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: Open GApps / sdcard not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Has anyone managed to install Open GApps by any means?

I thought it'd just be a case of copying it to /sdcard, booting into recovery and installing it from there. When I do though, it says /sdcard can't be mounted.

Is there any other way of getting it on there? (I've also tried the GApps installer, but it seems to need root priviliges :/)

Thanks,
Iain
I did it with the steps in the below link. Worked for me. However gapps keeps crashing on me randomly.

https://www.ossblog.org/installing-googl...ker-board/
Hi,

Yeah, I followed this too. It's working, but I'm getting the crashing as well.

I'm going to try powering the board via the GPIO connector, which will hopefully leave the micro USB port available for connecting to the recovery from a PC.

Thanks,
Iain
Hmmm, think I may be onto a loser with that idea. I can power the TB such that I can connect the micro USB to my laptop, but I can't see it with adb. It's not even coming up as an unknown device in Device Manager.
I've extracted the recovery partition, and the problem with installing zips from sdcard seems to be an error in the mount table(s).

They are expecting a VFAT filesystem to mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 to /mnt/external_sd. I'll try it with a different sd card reader when I get chance. I've also rebuilt the recovery image to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 (the userdata partition) to /mnt/external_sd just to see if it will install a zip from there.

I'm not very confident the new recovery partition will work, and it'll probably be later in the week before I can try it.

Is there anywhere to submit bug reports/change requests to Asus? I tried the online tech support page, but it won't accept my serial number.

Cheers,
Iain