Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: why my tinker board is easy to crash!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • 1.I use tinker os 1.8.
  • 2.electricity supply is 5v1.5a.
  • 3.insert usb keyborad,hdmi tv.
  • 4.question: 
  •      1)sometime when i reboot ,  it can't boot. i need to cut power some second,then,it can boot again.
  •      2)sometime i do nothing , it will crash suddenly. and  i need to cut power some second,then,it can boot again.
  • 5.is temperature too high? or system question? or other??
  • 6.i try 1.9, it still happen.
  • 7.somebody help???
You need a power supply with more current (higher amps). Preferably one with a short, thick cable.

I use the 5.25V 2.4A PS that my local shop sells for the Pi, and it is barely enough for the Tinker. I have to use an external powered USB hub even for things like keyboards.

The real problem is that the Tinker draws more power than USB is designed for. Ideally you would rig a 3A+ power supply to the gpio power pins, but that's a pain because you need to be sure you are delivering exactly 5V. There is more info somewhere in these forums.
(08-21-2017, 11:45 PM)BeauSlim Wrote: [ -> ]You need a power supply with more current (higher amps).   Preferably one with a short, thick cable.  

I use the 5.25V 2.4A PS that my local shop sells for the Pi, and it is barely enough for the Tinker.  I have to use an external powered USB hub even for things like keyboards.  

The real problem is that the Tinker draws more power than USB is designed for.  Ideally you would rig a 3A+ power supply to the gpio power pins, but that's a pain because you need to be sure you are delivering exactly 5V.  There is more info somewhere in these forums.

I buy a 5v 2.5a ps. and I try it now , it seems work well. thinks for help !!!
it still happen ,after i use 5v 2.5a power , ~~what 's up!!
(08-25-2017, 02:42 PM)nealscut Wrote: [ -> ]it still happen ,after i use 5v 2.5a power , ~~what 's up!!

Try the lubuntu image v3 provided by
Elar-systems.com. It I very stable and does not crash.

Also make sure you are using a good micro USB cable
(08-25-2017, 04:53 PM)Z80 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2017, 02:42 PM)nealscut Wrote: [ -> ]it still happen ,after i use 5v 2.5a power , ~~what 's up!!

Try the lubuntu image v3 provided by
Elar-systems.com. It I very stable and does not crash.

Also make sure you are using a good micro USB cable

let me try
hey everybody , i find that tinkerboard is very easy to be crash when i turn off or turn on my home's light......it's very strange.....
Try a different light bulb, maybe the old fashioned type.
If it's led or fluorescent, it will have a complicated driver circuit .

But it should not be doing that