Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: How-To: Change OS Screen Orientation via /system/build.prop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-07-2018, 09:48 AM)Multi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I was trying everything in this thread, but i still cant get the touch to work.

The Screen is now rotated 180 as it should, but the touch isnt.

Does anyone have an update yet? Id be so thankful!

We only support rotate 0/90/270 currently. If you want to rotate for 180 degree, maybe it needs do some modification in the source code.
You can check the below link for the Android source code download/build/flash.
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...ml#pid5037

And may I know what user scenario needs the screen to rotate 180 degree ?
Hey Jamess I got it working in portrait with touch working properly. The only issue I have is that the touch screen I am using is a 22inch 1080 (planer touch). The resolution appears to be huge likely from the 7in screen build you did for the libandroid_servers.so (before that push it was the correct resolution just touch not aligned with screen)

Question is: how can I update the libandroid_servers.so to support a larger resolution?

I did check that the OS under settings HDMI and Audio source is set to auto (which is 1080p)
(07-26-2018, 08:31 PM)TBtrojanhorse Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jamess I got it working in portrait with touch working properly. The only issue I have is that the touch screen I am using is a 22inch 1080 (planer touch). The resolution appears to be huge likely from the 7in screen build you did for the libandroid_servers.so (before that push it was the correct resolution just touch not aligned with screen)

Question is: how can I update the libandroid_servers.so to support a larger resolution?

I did check that the OS under settings HDMI and Audio source is set to auto (which is 1080p)

Dear,  TBtrojanhorse
    We do not bind the touch function and the screen resolution when implement this function.
    1. Do you have the product page of your 22inch 1080p touch screen ?
    2. Which rotation angle do you test ?
    3. Can you provide a video to show the phenomenon ?
(07-30-2018, 02:40 AM)jamess Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2018, 08:31 PM)TBtrojanhorse Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jamess I got it working in portrait with touch working properly. The only issue I have is that the touch screen I am using is a 22inch 1080 (planer touch). The resolution appears to be huge likely from the 7in screen build you did for the libandroid_servers.so (before that push it was the correct resolution just touch not aligned with screen)

Dear,  TBtrojanhorse
    We do not bind the touch function and the screen resolution when implement this function.

Hello Jamess,

It seems like you've been quite active on these posts over the past year or so.  Thank you for your hard work!

In July, I had downloaded a version of Android 6 for tinkerboard S and I believe I had the board rotating from 0 to 270, using the Rotation Control apk.  But it seems like there was an update pushed late this year which broke that functionality.  Now the rotation to portrait mode cuts the screen in half, where half the screen is black...the other half of the screen is rotated, but cropped off screen.

Is there a way to fix the rotation, so portrait and landscape appear fullscreen...like what a phone would do if you rotate it?

I would ultimately like to have an app like Rotation Control rotate the screen, instead of always using adb directly - I don't want normal users of my android to become programmers!

Thanks,

Teksetter
(11-07-2018, 06:49 AM)teksetter Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2018, 02:40 AM)jamess Wrote: [ -> ]

Dear,  TBtrojanhorse

Hello Jamess,

It seems like you've been quite active on these posts over the past year or so.  Thank you for your hard work!

In July, I had downloaded a version of Android 6 for tinkerboard S and I believe I had the board rotating from 0 to 270, using the Rotation Control apk.  But it seems like there was an update pushed late this year which broke that functionality.  Now the rotation to portrait mode cuts the screen in half, where half the screen is black...the other half of the screen is rotated, but cropped off screen.

Is there a way to fix the rotation, so portrait and landscape appear fullscreen...like what a phone would do if you rotate it?

I would ultimately like to have an app like Rotation Control rotate the screen, instead of always using adb directly - I don't want normal users of my android to become programmers!

Thanks,

Teksetter

Hi All,
I just wanted to chime in here after picking up my tinkerboard again after a few months. I tried the newest Android release and followed the ADB/Build.prop changes and my screen flips around right back to where it was originally but the touch input will be the correct orientation. Any ideas on how I can fix it? This is the only thing standing between me using my tinkerboard on my desk as I intended. If I use rotationcontrol.apk it will force rotate the screen but go right back to the original orientation but the touch screen controls are oriented correctly. Im using the ras pi 7" touchscreen if that helps.
(02-05-2019, 02:15 PM)johnpernock Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,
I just wanted to chime in here after picking up my tinkerboard again after a few months. I tried the newest Android release and followed the ADB/Build.prop changes and my screen flips around right back to where it was originally but the touch input will be the correct orientation. Any ideas on how I can fix it? This is the only thing standing between me using my tinkerboard on my desk as I intended. If I use rotationcontrol.apk it will force rotate the screen but go right back to the original orientation but the touch screen controls are oriented correctly. Im using the ras pi 7" touchscreen if that helps.

Hi, johnpernock
    Could you take a picture for the phenomenon you described ?
(02-11-2019, 07:12 AM)jamess Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2019, 02:15 PM)johnpernock Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Hi, johnpernock
    Could you take a picture for the phenomenon you described ?

Hi,

So I have attached a video of the behavior under the rotationcontrol.apk:
youtube.com/watch?v=7QMN_pQDPIU

I also followed the steps for the Build.prop:
JDP-MBP:~ johnpernock$ adb connect 192.168.1.52
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully
connected to 192.168.1.52:5555
JDP-MBP:~ johnpernock$ adb root
restarting adbd as root
JDP-MBP:~ johnpernock$ adb pull /system/build.prop .
/system/build.prop: 1 file pulled. 0.2 MB/s (4934 bytes in 0.026s)

And edited the line:
ro.sf.hwrotation=180

I push the file and reboot and then the touchscreen no longer works and I can't do anything. I have to basically reformat my sd card in order to get the device back to normal.

Attached is the picture with the outcome of the build.prop:
(02-11-2019, 02:50 PM)johnpernock Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

So I have attached a video of the behavior under the rotationcontrol.apk:
youtube.com/watch?v=7QMN_pQDPIU

I also followed the steps for the Build.prop:
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully
JDP-MBP:~ johnpernock$ adb root
restarting adbd as root
JDP-MBP:~ johnpernock$ adb pull /system/build.prop .
/system/build.prop: 1 file pulled. 0.2 MB/s (4934 bytes in 0.026s)

And edited the line:
ro.sf.hwrotation=180

I push the file and reboot and then the touchscreen no longer works and I can't do anything. I have to basically reformat my sd card in order to get the device back to normal.

Attached is the picture with the outcome of the build.prop:

Hi,
    Can you try to use below image version (Android M)
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Em...95.img.zip
    and try to use the below link to rotate the screen.
    https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index....ate-screen

Please do not use the rotationcontrol.apk
Pages: 1 2 3