Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: [Solved] Stop annoying RT871X not linked messages on T-OS1.8 without X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I try to use tinkerboard with eglfs without X11 to compile and use Qt5.x with accelerated Video/GPU as described here:

Compile Qt eglfs on tinker

My Problem is when stop booting in X with systemctl set-default multi-user.target I get messages like:
RT871X not linked power save enter
RT871X not linked power save leave
etc etc ...

in command line

I know that it is possible to stop this powering off the chip, but I want to use WiFi:

So if I setup Wifi via wpa_supplicant.conf manually or with tinker-config some more messages starts floading screen which makes it practically inpossible to work on command line. That's extremly annoying.

Tty-change via Alt-F2 don't help.

I think that there must be a way to route this into a log file or stopping, but I don't now how?

btw. A Tinker OS light without GUI would be cool. DietPi is not a solution cause there are no GPU/VPU-accelerations.

Kind regards
M.

edit:
I do not know if it this is elegant, but I solved it!
sudo dmesg -n 1
stops messaging on screen and to do it for each boot put this it in /etc/rc.local

Kind regards
M.
(08-30-2017, 02:18 PM)mechtor Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I try to use tinkerboard with eglfs without X11 to compile and use Qt5.x with accelerated Video/GPU as described here:

Compile QT eglfs on tinker

My Problem is when stop booting in X with systemctl set-default multi-user.target I get messages like:
etc etc ...

in command line

I know that it is possible to stop this powering off the chip, but I want to use WiFi:

So if I setup Wifi via wpa_supplicant.conf manually or with tinker-config some more messages starts floading screen which makes it practically inpossible to work on command line. That's extremly annoying.

Tty-change via Alt-F2 don't help.

I think that there must be a way to route this into a log file or stopping, but I don't now how?

btw. A Tinker OS light without GUI would be cool. DietPi is not a solution cause there are no GPU/VPU-accelerations.

Kind regards
M.

edit:
I do not know if it this is elegant, but I solved it!
sudo dmesg -n 1
stops messaging on screen and to do it for each boot put this it in /etc/rc.local

Kind regards
M.

I also run into same annoying messages on console. makes console useless. I also used "dmesg -D" to disable console logging.

BTW, were you able to successfully compile / run by following article "Compile QT eglfs on tinker" ?