Tinker Board Forum

Full Version: RPi RTC and Tinkerboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend who has Raspberry Pi is upgrading to another SBC, and he gave me an unbranded RTC module as it won't work with his new SBC.
I looked for it online, and found out that he propably got it from here (it's a czech eshop).
Can I follow RPi based tutorial on how to connect it, or are there any special rituals required to use this with TB?
EDIT: the description says that it works with Raspberry Pi and Arduino
(09-03-2017, 04:13 PM)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]My friend who has Raspberry Pi is upgrading to another SBC, and he gave me an unbranded RTC module as it won't work with his new SBC.
I looked for it online, and found out that he propably got it from here (it's a czech eshop).
Can I follow RPi based tutorial on how to connect it, or are there any special rituals required to use this with TB?
EDIT: the description says that it works with Raspberry Pi and Arduino

Hi Derek,

I use DS3231 RTC module on Tinker Board, and wrote this article -- http://qiita.com/mt08/items/721182dddd9cd77534ec .
It needs ::

- rtc-ds1307.ko : Build kernel module
 - rk3288-miniarm.dts : Modify .dts and build
 - Edit 4 files  
    - /etc/default/hwclock   (rtc1)
    - /lib/udev/rules.d/85-hwclock.rules (rtc0 => rtc1)
    - /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules (rtc0 => rtc1 )
    - /lib/udev/hwclock-set (Comment out a few lines)

I'm not sure if DS1302 is working with rtc-ds1307.ko module, but you may try my binaries.