This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KODI for DebianOS
(05-23-2017, 07:01 PM)mac-l1 Wrote: Hi sNaiL94,

What the script basically does is: 1) download all dedicated installable debian packages, then 2) remove any already installed kodi's and then 3) install all new kodi packages (downloaded at step 1)
From your log it seems that script is aborted during step 2). So you still have the old kodi with sw decoder/renderer installed.

So just try again and then continue the script when it asks to continue removing any installed kodi.

Hope this helps!

Cheers -- mac-l1
Hi mac-l1,

I've tried to load your script but when i get to step2 (Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Abort.) When I try to cotinue the script with y + Enter I receive the following command not found.  How can I correct this. Thanks

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Abort.
root@linaro-alip:~# y
-bash: [Y]: command not found
root@linaro-alip:~#
(05-24-2017, 09:40 PM)Merlin Wrote: I've tried to load your script but when i get to step2 (Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Abort.) When I try to cotinue the script with y + Enter I receive the following command not found.  How can I correct this. Thanks

hi merlin,
now i understand, its too bad i dont have a tinker device of myself to analyze this...
in the script the following command seems aborted by the system: 

sudo apt-get --yes --force-yes purge kodi kodi.bin xbmc

could someone try this single command from a terminal or if it still doesnt work, this one?

sudo apt-get --yes --force-yes remove kodi kodi.bin xbmc

tnx!

btw: also changed the script a bit by adding --yes --force-yes to prevent the continue [y/n] question; a longshot but might help...
(05-25-2017, 04:58 AM)mac-l1 Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 09:40 PM)Merlin Wrote: I've tried to load your script but when i get to step2 (Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Abort.) When I try to cotinue the script with y + Enter I receive the following command not found.  How can I correct this. Thanks

hi merlin,
now i understand, its too bad i dont have a tinker device of myself to analyze this...
in the script the following command seems aborted by the system: 

sudo apt-get --yes --force-yes purge kodi kodi.bin xbmc

could someone try this single command from a terminal or if it still doesnt work, this one?

sudo apt-get --yes --force-yes remove kodi kodi.bin xbmc

tnx!

btw: also changed the script a bit by adding --yes --force-yes to prevent the continue [y/n] question; a longshot but might help...

Hi mac-l1,

First: I ran. sudo apt-get --yes --force-yes purge kodi kodi.bin xbmc
Second: sudo -i
Third: wget -O- http://mac-l1.com/kodi/install_kodi.sh|bash

It ran fine and did not stop and ask (Do you want to continue?).
I then started Kodi and went to SYSTEM + SETTINGS + PLAYER-settings VIDEOS + PROCESSING and
the Render method was stiil grayed out.

I started a video stream and hit "o" on the keyboard with the following result.  

Video process information
Hardware decoding:Active
Decoder: macrk-h264,EGLIMAGE
Deinterlace method:none
Resolution:1,920x800 px,0.00 AR,23.976 FPS

The stream played perfectly. Thank you for your great work. If you need anything else tested let me know.
(05-25-2017, 01:31 PM)Merlin Wrote: Hi mac-l1,

First: I ran. sudo apt-get --yes --force-yes purge kodi kodi.bin xbmc
Second: sudo -i
Third: wget -O- http://mac-l1.com/kodi/install_kodi.sh|bash

It ran fine and did not stop and ask (Do you want to continue?).
I then started Kodi and went to SYSTEM + SETTINGS + PLAYER-settings VIDEOS + PROCESSING and
the Render method was stiil grayed out.

I started a video stream and hit "o" on the keyboard with the following result.  

Video process information
Hardware decoding:Active
Decoder: macrk-h264,EGLIMAGE
Deinterlace method:none
Resolution:1,920x800 px,0.00 AR,23.976 FPS

The stream played perfectly. Thank you for your great work. If you need anything else tested let me know.

Hi Merlin,

Tnx for testing. Great that it now installs and that it played perfectly! 

About the grayed out rendering method selection: i have only focused on the rockchip hardware acceleration and not on the UI selection boxes etc. So all currently rockchip hardware supported formats (h264, vp8 and hevc/h265) *always* use hardware supported rendering (EGLIMAGE means zerocopy video frame memory from vpu to gpu, i.e. never copy frame data by cpu).

This is a concept version, now i will improve and polish it to a next version.

Cheers -- mac-l1
Merlin: It is not working for me. I tried a TVheadend link with DVB-t2 (HEVC), but stream does not start. also a record does not start. Player info shows macrk-h265 (HW).
Dear mac-l1,

I tried your package, and found that however the HW acceleration is working, the playback is choppy and there are micro lags, and frame problems (mostly during faster scenes), in even a 23.973FPS 720P movie. I've already tried to adjust the framerate to the display option, but it even get worse. Sad

Do you have any idea about what can be the problem? Can it be VSYNC problem? Would the install of the xserver package solve it?

Thanks
(05-30-2017, 08:34 PM)sNaiL94 Wrote: Dear mac-l1,

I tried your package, and found that however the HW acceleration is working, the playback is choppy and there are micro lags, and frame problems (mostly during faster scenes), in even a 23.973FPS 720P movie. I've already tried to adjust the framerate to the display option, but it even get worse. Sad

Do you have any idea about what can be the problem? Can it be VSYNC problem? Would the install of the xserver package solve it?

Thanks

hi snail94,

dont know if kernel and debian versions you use are recent enough?

kernel might need an update. on my firefly i use latest rockchip kernel 4.4: https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel; can be build for tinkerboard too (mini-arm dts).
for rootfs i use latest debian release prepared by rockchip that also has latest xserver vsync patches: http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Debian (download rootfs image).

however i dont have a tinkerboard so cant help you here. maybe some other dev/builder around?

cheers -- mac-l1

(05-29-2017, 07:56 PM)wappi Wrote: Merlin:  It is not working for me. I tried a TVheadend link with DVB-t2 (HEVC), but stream does not start. also a record does not start. Player info shows macrk-h265 (HW).

hi wappi,

strange things seems that player in kodi is actually started (macrk-h265) but tvheadend stream not.
can you play other hevc files?

maybe you can put all logging settings on (in system menu somewhere) and supply a kodi log (~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log). this might help in pinpointing the issue.

cheers -- mac-l1
Hi mac-l1,

I'm using the latest TinkerOS 1.8, and these are the details when I'm logging into SSH:
Linux linaro-alip 4.4.16-00006-g4431f98-dirty

I installed the xserver what has been provided before, and now the vsync problem gone, and the overall experience got better. It has some microlag, but it's better than it was before.
I just tried meanwhile a libreelec build, which is totally smooth. Can it help to improve the Debian as well? Or not?

Thank you in advance.
Hi mac-l1,

You are right. A test file of HEVC was working. As requested I have attached log for Tvheadend record. Hope, this helps.

Wappi

Attached Files
.txt   kodi.txt (Size: 126.45 KB / Downloads: 6)
Hi. I've installed your kodi build and it uses HW acceleration. But it is refused to play HLS streams. If it will help I may provide you logs