This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TUTORIAL] Build a Tinker Board development image
mgi,

try this:
Code:
build/mk-uboot.sh rk3288-miniarm
(03-17-2017, 10:10 AM)ukrollergirl Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 04:43 AM)tonymac32 Wrote: I'm currently trying to get Armbian to boot on the Tinker, it's not cooperating (and I'm learning how the build system works at the same time... Undecided)  I'm not getting around some config issue in U-Boot, I think it has something to do with it trying to access the eMMC that doesn't exist, but I can't be certain yet.

This could be down to flashing the uBoot it needs to be slightly different for emmc, sdcard or udisk.

Try this...........

tools/mkimage -n rk3288 -T rksd -d spl/u-boot-spl-dtb.bin out
cat u-boot-dtb.bin >> out
sudo dd if=out of=/dev/sdb seek=64 conv=notrunc

I want to know if someone can show me how to setup Tinkerboard with Armbian plus uboot.  I followed instructions from https://github.com/armbian/build and now have the following files:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 eric.chan Domain Users      59684 Oct 22 08:29 linux-dtb-next-rockchip_5.34_armhf.deb
-rwxr-xr-x  1 eric.chan Domain Users   10518838 Oct 22 08:29 linux-headers-next-rockchip_5.34_armhf.deb
-rwxr-xr-x  1 eric.chan Domain Users   11949398 Oct 22 08:29 linux-image-next-rockchip_5.34_armhf.deb
-rwxr-xr-x  1 eric.chan Domain Users  306517576 Oct 22 08:29 linux-source-next-rockchip_5.34_all.deb
-rwxr-xr-x  1 eric.chan Domain Users     458106 Oct 22 08:29 linux-u-boot-next-tinkerboard_5.34_armhf.deb
-rwxr-xr-x  1 eric.chan Domain Users  678436864 Oct 22 22:59 Armbian_5.34_Tinkerboard_Debian_jessie_next_4.13.9_desktop.img
-rwxr-xr-x  1 eric.chan Domain Users 3057647616 Oct 24 08:52 Armbian_5.34_Tinkerboard_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.13.9_desktop.img

The only problem is that the images when dd into the SD card occupied most of mmcblk0 as mmcblk0p1, which does not allow me to easily insert a fat16 partition in front of it and copy the uboot contents into that partition.    I tried once to move the mmcblk0p1 partition away, then create a fat16 partition, then dd back the mmcblk0p1 back as mmcblk0p2, but the sd card will not boot.  I want to know if there is a smarter way to do this that works.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Eric
Hello everybody.

Now I tried to build the development image, but wrote that u-boot is large and does not pass validation ... all build but nothing started.

Code:
Warning: SPL image is too large (size 0xb000) and will not boot
Error: image verification failed 
U-boot IMAGE READY

I wanted to know ...
- At the moment, bluetooth still does not work?
- Is it possible to compile an image using tinker os kernel (where wifi and bluetooth work) and the current rk-rootfs-build. u-boot?
Quote:Is it possible to compile an image using tinker os kernel (where wifi and bluetooth work) and the current rk-rootfs-build. u-boot?

yes, use branch default

Quote:Now I tried to build the development image, but wrote that u-boot is large and does not pass validation ... all build but nothing started.

Where did you see that error? On booting or building? I tried to build and I don't see any error.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
...on building. on VM - ubuntu 16.04.4.
When i use (rockchip-linux/u-boot.git and rockchip-linux/build.git) - build/mk-uboot.sh rk3288-miniarm.
As in the instruction (#1 post).
(04-09-2018, 07:45 PM)FightingForFun Wrote: ...on building. on VM - ubuntu 16.04.4.
When i use (rockchip-linux/u-boot.git and rockchip-linux/build.git) - build/mk-uboot.sh rk3288-miniarm.
As in the instruction (#1 post).

I can build successfully with your command. Here are my code base commits. Is the same as you ?

build.git
commit c0e74d6850a283af704b606655287f58319aa1f7
Author: Jacob Chen <jacob-chen@iotwrt.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 2 11:34:54 2018 +0800

uboot: don't do skip for ddrbin since mkimage in latest u-boot will do it

Signed-off-by: Jacob Chen <jacob-chen@iotwrt.com>

u-boot.git
commit 515bbbdeca48fe1f2796853fa6a6895dac86b6fd
Author: Jacob Chen <jacob-chen@iotwrt.com>
Date:   Wed Dec 20 10:30:21 2017 +0800

Revert "Revert "usb: rockchip: add the rockusb gadget""

This reverts commit 7a4b7544d78e017ef53d126bc443bb9713626586.
Okay. Found an error.
branch - master / all was compiled.
Branch - release / have this error.

Thanks.
Hello All, 

I have been trying to build a Tinkerboard image with the latest rockchip sources. I am unable to locate the instructions to be build a full tinkeros image(uboot+ kernel + tinkerimage) - any ideas how I can build the tinkeros image(rootfs.img) and build the full sd card image?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
George.
@georgek
Better you keep an eye on your own thread.

Funny to know what it could be the minimal operational package list. The list should have the core system upto VT login and the necessary for the connectivity.
Second step, the development list of packages to give compiling power to build and modify kernel and/or u-boot.
Is that available ?
(03-19-2017, 06:30 PM)ukrollergirl Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)tonymac32 Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 10:10 AM)ukrollergirl Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 04:43 AM)tonymac32 Wrote: I'm currently trying to get Armbian to boot on the Tinker, it's not cooperating (and I'm learning how the build system works at the same time... Undecided)  I'm not getting around some config issue in U-Boot, I think it has something to do with it trying to access the eMMC that doesn't exist, but I can't be certain yet.

This could be down to flashing the uBoot it needs to be slightly different for emmc, sdcard or udisk.

Try this...........

tools/mkimage -n rk3288 -T rksd -d spl/u-boot-spl-dtb.bin out
cat u-boot-dtb.bin >> out
sudo dd if=out of=/dev/sdb seek=64 conv=notrunc

!!!!   That worked to get U-boot going, this noob moment brought to you by your truly.  ;-)  Thank you!

Now to remedy the errors concerning not finding the device tree...
no problem.  If you want post the errors your having around the device tree  im happy to have a look. When I get a chance I'll write up my build end to end doc and then maybe it can be used as a guide for others and we can make it revision controlled etc.  Best tip is actually tackle the errors you see, going past them and hoping for the best generally means something later will break Smile

Hello, maybe you guys can help me to get the rockchip debian booting. I have an Asus Tinker (not S).
I have tried this two ways :
1-  github.com/rockchip-linux/build 
2- this guide.
Unfortunately, the image is not booting. Everything seems to be compiling ok and at the end I can get the sytem.img:
- I'm using gcc-5.5
- I'm using u-boot master branch from rockchip github.
Thank you in advance for any info.