This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compiling Tinkerboard's Android
Quote:There's components called Vendor Images starting in Android 7+, which contain vendor specific implementations and executables. The main system image contains references and checksums for the vendor images. If the vendor image doesn't match up with exactly what the system image expects it will toss this dialog up.
Thank you, I havn't known this before. So I have this message also with full image compiled and flashed as your guide, but not with the ready image provided by Asus. Maybe I need to clean the sources and build the image again...
(09-28-2018, 06:03 PM)kbungo Wrote: Assuming you started from scratch, on your virtualbox (do not try to transfer stuff over from your windows build, that's completely invalid build objects).
execute the following commands and show me the output (pastebin or uploading a file will work).

Code:
. build/envsetup.sh && lunch rk3288-userdebug
make clean && make
Ninja can fail sometimes if you're using more threads than you should. Please ensure you are listening to the note of caution i made on thread counts. You should probably be using -j4 or so for the build.

I've tried without -j and with -j4 but the problem is always the same :/
Here is my full output:
https://pastebin.com/5Hsz3P94

EDIT:
I've tried with a fully new ubuntu install and it worked! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes mitlageri's post:
  • kbungo
(09-13-2018, 07:04 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: Thank you for sharing you experience with the forum. 
(09-12-2018, 07:27 PM)kbungo Wrote: Compiling system image (~50 minutes at -j28)

AFAIK the -j is related to how many jobs a computer can take. Suppose to have a I7 CPU, there could be 8 threads available . I suspect that the PC can't do more at once and it may cause unresponsiveness to the system. Unless we use to share the compilation load by distcc Wink

hello kbungo & Im4Tinker,

first.. Many thanks kbungo, for this write up.. 
It's going to keep me busy for a while.. ;- ]]....
so.. I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad G560, 
Intel Core i5-540M, (dual core, 4 threads ) with 8GB Ram.. 
I've.. removed the DvD drive and install HDD caddy with 1TB HD ]]..
lots of space for the source code.. now...
so.. just a point to clarify...
Compiling system image (~50 minutes at -j28)
-j28..... ]]..  I have 4 threads.. so.. are you saying.. 
its going to take about 6hrs.. to compile the system image ]]]]]]......... 
if that's the case.. I'd better start looking for a new system...
wendell from Level1Linux, put together a Workstation Linus Torvalds' Edition..

TR 2990WX Programmers Workstation: Linus Torvalds' Edition (sort of)!
kids.. no college fund for you.. Papa's Got A Brand New rig ]]]].....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope it helps,
k.
------------------------------
ps.. Im4Tinker.. off topic.. Asus Tinker Board with Touch Screen as SSH Agent...
(10-04-2018, 05:56 PM)k247tEK Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 07:04 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: Thank you for sharing you experience with the forum. 
(09-12-2018, 07:27 PM)kbungo Wrote: Compiling system image (~50 minutes at -j28)

AFAIK the -j is related to how many jobs a computer can take. Suppose to have a I7 CPU, there could be 8 threads available . I suspect that the PC can't do more at once and it may cause unresponsiveness to the system. Unless we use to share the compilation load by distcc Wink

hello kbungo & Im4Tinker,

first.. Many thanks kbungo, for this write up.. 
It's going to keep me busy for a while.. ;- ]]....
so.. I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad G560, 
Intel Core i5-540M, (dual core, 4 threads ) with 8GB Ram.. 
I've.. removed the DvD drive and install HDD caddy with 1TB HD ]]..
lots of space for the source code.. now...
so.. just a point to clarify...
Compiling system image (~50 minutes at -j28)
-j28..... ]]..  I have 4 threads.. so.. are you saying.. 
its going to take about 6hrs.. to compile the system image ]]]]]]......... 
if that's the case.. I'd better start looking for a new system...
wendell from Level1Linux, put together a Workstation Linus Torvalds' Edition..

TR 2990WX Programmers Workstation: Linus Torvalds' Edition (sort of)!
kids.. no college fund for you.. Papa's Got A Brand New rig ]]]].....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope it helps,
k.
------------------------------
ps.. Im4Tinker.. off topic.. Asus Tinker Board with Touch Screen as SSH Agent...

Just give it a shot and see how long it takes... Android was never meant to be fast to compile on non-high-powered machines! The first build will take a long time, but subsequent builds can take as short as a couple of minutes. It's a one time cost (as long as you don't do a clobber!)

To decide the size of -j, it is reccomended you run "lscpu" in bash. You will see a ot of output, but you want the value of 3 things: "Thread(s) per code:", "Core(s) per socket:", and "Socket(s):".
Multiply those 3 numbers. Supposedly you can run about 100%+1 of that amount of threads, but in my experience, using about 75% of that amount is best... If you've got 2 Threads per core, 4 Cores per socket, and 1 Socket(s), then that's a maximum of -j9, but I'd reccomend around -j6 Smile

I deliberately left this out of the tutorial because I was already afraid it would be cluttered and this information can be found through google easily. (Google: "make j count")

(09-29-2018, 01:47 PM)lobo Wrote:
Quote:There's components called Vendor Images starting in Android 7+, which contain vendor specific implementations and executables. The main system image contains references and checksums for the vendor images. If the vendor image doesn't match up with exactly what the system image expects it will toss this dialog up.
Thank you, I havn't known this before. So I have this message also with full image compiled and flashed as your guide, but not with the ready image provided by Asus. Maybe I need to clean the sources and build the image again...

Yep, that's super common. I had the same issue after a fresh pull of the source. Just give it a good
Code:
make clobber
and build it again. It'll take a long time, but should be okay this time. I don't fully understand it, but it works.
Code:
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/flex/flex-2.5.39 -oout/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaidl-common_intermediates/aidl_language_l.cpp system/tools/aidl/aidl_language_l.ll"
flex-2.5.39: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
[  1% 607/35930] Yacc: aidl <= system/tools/aidl/aidl_language_y.yy
[  1% 607/35930] host C++: ijar <= build/tools/ijar/classfile.cc
[  1% 607/35930] host C++: libbase <= system/core/base/logging.cpp
[  1% 607/35930] host C++: libbase <= system/core/base/strings.cpp
[  1% 607/35930] host Java: jarjar (out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/jarjar_intermediates/classes)
[  1% 607/35930] host Java: guavalib (out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/guavalib_intermediates/classes)
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 warning
[  1% 607/35930] target Java: core-all (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-all_intermediates/classes)
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
build/core/ninja.mk:148: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (02:37 (mm:ss)) ####

Code:
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic

Any ideas? Fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 Server on VMWare Fusion.

Fixed by running `export LC_ALL=C` before compiling the kernel.

See https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...kzPnw3akxg
[-] The following 1 user Likes sobrinho's post:
  • kbungo
I'm blocking from here "curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > /usr/bin/repo
chmod a+x /usr/bin/repo" wrote there "command no found"
French

Your command might be wrong, try
Code:
curl -L -O https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
[Image: TJSIxOA.jpg]
(10-14-2018, 04:00 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: Your command might be wrong, try
Code:
curl -L -O https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo
French

soooo... have you..
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install curl

-----------------;-].
hope it help,
k.
-----
ps.. I run update & upgrade.. once a week ]]]]....
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
[-] The following 1 user Likes k247tEK's post:
  • Leskriim
(10-14-2018, 07:14 PM)k247tEK Wrote:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

I made an alias Tongue
Code:
echo "alias Sup='sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade'" >>$HOME/.bash_aliases
## don't forget to re-source it
. $HOME/.bash_aliases
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin