This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self logout problem
Hi, TinkerCookie
    Could you reproduce this issue again ?
    After you duplicate,  please log into system then collect all the logs under /var/log to me, thanks. 
    $ sudo  tar  czvf  ~/Desktop/log.tgz  /var/log
    After the above cmd, you will see the log.tgz at your desktop, please provide it to us.
    And please also kindly give me the rough time that the issue occurs. It will be very helpful for us to check the log.
(03-09-2018, 02:40 AM)jamess Wrote: Hi, TinkerCookie
   Could you reproduce this issue again ?
   After you duplicate,  please log into system then collect all the logs under /var/log to me, thanks.
   $ sudo  tar  czvf  ~/Desktop/log.tgz  /var/log
   After the above cmd, you will see the log.tgz at your desktop, please provide it to us.
   And please also kindly give me the rough time that the issue occurs. It will be very helpful for us to check the log.
Thanks for answer.

I managed to (forcefully) reproduce this problem this morning with following steps:
1. "Start menu" → Preferences → Monitor Settings
2. Changed to Resolution 1280x720 Auto from 1920x1080 Auto
3. Clicked Apply, then OK
4. Turned off monitor via power button on it
Repeated this few times until success. Every time resolution changed back to 1920x1080 (monitor's native) when turned back on, even in log out screen.

I saved down the logs as requested. I should probably have cleaned them before trying, so after making the archive - I cleaned the folder, rebooted and retried to reproduce again. This time however, I tried for entire hour without success. At least the old logs may contain some of previous occurances, like the one from yesterday.

How do I share the logs? I tried uploading them as attachment in the post, but I'm eventually getting a timeout (they weight up to 326MB). Private messages instead seemingly don't accept attachments at all. I can as well extract lines from given files since oldest known occurrence (March 8 morning) and paste them here (might be plenty), as long these don't contain sensitive information (which I don't know for sure).

UPDATE:
Attachments can be no bigger than 1MB (1024KB). That said, I used:
grep -P "^Mar\s+(8|9)" syslog
to obtain most recent information, saved to separate files, encrypted (just a safety step) and packed (to reduce size and meet file extension requirement for attachment uploader). I have sent you passwords for both files.
Quick review brought my attention to following line:
org.gtk.vfs.Daemon[3843]: A connection to the bus can't be made
The bold part appears during all 3 approximate times the logout has happened. While it may be not directly related, perhaps it's good point to start?

Occurances:
9th March 2018, 8:05~8:13 (local time)
8th March 2018, 11:30~12:30 (judging by my previous post)
8th March 2018, 8:00~10:00 (guessing, unsure)

Please do tell if there's anything else I can provide to help solve this mystery.

Attached Files
.tar   syslog_mar8.gpg.tar (Size: 919 KB / Downloads: 3)
.tar   syslog_mar9.gpg.tar (Size: 333 KB / Downloads: 2)
(03-09-2018, 09:16 AM)TinkerCookie Wrote:
   After you duplicate,  please log into system then collect all the logs under /var/log to me, thanks.
   After the above cmd, you will see the log.tgz at your desktop, please provide it to us.
   And please also kindly give me the rough time that the issue occurs. It will be very helpful for us to check the log.
Thanks for answer.

I managed to (forcefully) reproduce this problem this morning with following steps:
Repeated this few times until success. Every time resolution changed back to 1920x1080 (monitor's native) when turned back on, even in log out screen.

I saved down the logs as requested. I should probably have cleaned them before trying, so after making the archive - I cleaned the folder, rebooted and retried to reproduce again. This time however, I tried for entire hour without success. At least the old logs may contain some of previous occurances, like the one from yesterday.

How do I share the logs? I tried uploading them as attachment in the post, but I'm eventually getting a timeout (they weight up to 326MB). Private messages instead seemingly don't accept attachments at all. I can as well extract lines from given files since oldest known occurrence (March 8 morning) and paste them here (might be plenty), as long these don't contain sensitive information (which I don't know for sure).

UPDATE:
to obtain most recent information, saved to separate files, encrypted (just a safety step) and packed (to reduce size and meet file extension requirement for attachment uploader). I have sent you passwords for both files.
The bold part appears during all 3 approximate times the logout has happened. While it may be not directly related, perhaps it's good point to start?

Occurances:

Please do tell if there's anything else I can provide to help solve this mystery.

Hi TinkerCookie,

I have checked the log, but only wifi relate logs
Could you tar whole /var/log to us using below command
   $ sudo  tar  czvf  ~/Desktop/log.tgz  /var/log

P.S. You can put the log to dropbox or google driver and give me the download link.
Thanks
Thanks for answer.

Sent you private message with google-drive link to requested archive.
Again - reason I keep this private is because I am unsure if these logs contains sensitive information or not.
(03-12-2018, 07:06 AM)alex3788 Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 09:16 AM)TinkerCookie Wrote:
Thanks for answer.

UPDATE:

Occurances:

Hi TinkerCookie,

I have checked the log, but only wifi relate logs
Could you tar whole /var/log to us using below command
   $ sudo  tar  czvf  ~/Desktop/log.tgz  /var/log

P.S. You can put the log to dropbox or google driver and give me the download link.
Thanks

pCloud is a very good one you can use online from anywhere for huge files and it's free.  
https://www.pcloud.com/
(03-12-2018, 11:03 AM)TinkerCookie Wrote: Thanks for answer.

Sent you private message with google-drive link to requested archive.
Again - reason I keep this private is because I am unsure if these logs contains sensitive information or not.

Hi TinkerCookie,

I found some suspicious log in Xorg.0.log.old
It seems that Xorg have a segmentation fault.

[161088.114] (EE) 
[161088.115] (EE) Backtrace:
[161088.116] (EE) 
[161088.116] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0xd0160d0c
[161088.117] (EE) 
Fatal server error:
[161088.117] (EE) Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
[161088.118] (EE) 
[161088.118] (EE) 
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support 
at http://wiki.x.org
 for help. 
[161088.118] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
[161088.119] (EE) 
[161088.367] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

We will check the error with vendor, and will feedback to you if have any update.
Hello,

It's been a week now - any news?
The new TinkerOS v2.0.5 release doesn't seem to mention the logout problem, and only following regarding Xorg:
Quote:Improved Xorg performance when dragging windows
The issue happened once more yesterday (26th march 2018, 10:20~10:22), under same circumstances as in previous occurrences: We were testing new display device (a TV), turning it on and off via "xset dpms force on/off". Eventually it went to login screen. SSH connection could be still established, despite being started from user's autostart.
TinkerOS v2.0.5
Sent logs link to alex3788

I've been experimenting with various stuff recently, but none of these were running since booted and should remain irrelevant, especially that the issue used to happen on kinda clean system too.