This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker Board or Tinker Board S
I am wanting to get a sbc and the tinker board caught my eye because of the form factor and power. Should I wait for the tinker board s or just go ahead and buy the current tinker board. I plan to use it for game emulation and possibly an android head unit in the future. So I guess the real question is will the emmc memory make a big enough difference performance wise for the games or in android?
I have try the RetroPie installation on TinkerOS before. It can not load any ROM.
I try the visualboyadvance. It can load some of the ROM. But it does not support BLE controller.
If you'll use it with your TV -> buy it (HDMI-CEC is the magic feature here)
I'm not sure if an 16GB emmc would be a lot faster than good 32GB SD cards (Sandisk EXTREME 32gb etc.), but hopefully someone will post some I/O benchmarks soon.

I'm waiting for the next CPU-Upgrade.
Dies anyone know if the Tinkerboard S has a removable eMMC? I have a couple of 64GB modules and would like to use those instead.
(04-09-2018, 12:08 AM)Mcrognale Wrote: Dies anyone know if the Tinkerboard S has a removable eMMC? I have a couple of 64GB modules and would like to use those instead.

No it doesn't sadly. The eMMC that comes with the S is not removable. I'm waiting for the Odroid N1 to drop and when it does its going to leave the ATB & ATBS in the dust plus it will have better support. The Odroid N1 will work with your eMMC modules
(04-09-2018, 02:33 PM)SBCJunkie Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 12:08 AM)McrognalThane Wrote: Dies anyone know if the Tinkerboard S has a removable eMMC? I have a couple of 64GB modules and would like to use those instead.

No it doesn't sadly. The eMMC that comes with the S is not removable. I'm waiting for the Odroid N1 to drop and when it does its going to leave the ATB & ATBS in the dust plus it will have better support. The Odroid N1 will work with your eMMC modules

Thanks. I bought a Tinkerboard two months ago and it was DOA. I returned it for a full refund and had hopes for the S. I will pass then.