This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System freeze connecting OTG drive
I found system freeze upon OTG USB drive connected to the MicroUSB port (power TB via GPIO)?  Anyone tried can confirm this problem?
(04-09-2018, 03:52 AM)samsonluk Wrote: I found system freeze upon OTG USB drive connected to the MicroUSB port (power TB via GPIO)?  Anyone tried can confirm this problem?

Hi,
   May I know what is your image version and what H/W do you use ? (Tinker Board or Tinker Board S ?)
@jamess:
Tinker Board, TinkerOS_Android V13.13.0.74
(04-09-2018, 05:16 AM)samsonluk Wrote: @jamess:
Tinker Board, TinkerOS_Android V13.13.0.74

Hi, Samsonluk
    Let me confirm the scenario again, you mean you use the GPIO to provide power ti Tinker and have one usb cable which one end connect to PC and the other end connect to the Micro Usb port of Tinker Board ? Is it correct ?
GPIO power source from a 5V 2A adapter.
Plug an OTG USBDrive (a MicroSD card inside) to the MicroUSB female socket of the TB. System freeze as soon as you plug in the drive or if you power reset with the OTG USBdrive plugin, system cannot be booted up. No PC connected.
(04-09-2018, 09:17 AM)samsonluk Wrote: GPIO power source from a 5V 2A adapter.
Plug an OTG USBDrive (a MicroSD card inside) to the MicroUSB female socket of the TB. System freeze as soon as you plug in the drive or if you power reset with the OTG USBdrive plugin, system cannot be booted up. No PC connected.

Sorry I have no such device on hand, I need some time to get these devices. 
In the meantime, can you give us more info ?

1. I am not sure if you can get the console log or not? if yes, can you give us the log ?
2. May I know if the previous version has this problem or not ? android_20171115_v13.12.0.43
logcat cannot catch anything because system freeze as soon as OTG USBDrive being plugged  (I have tested two different OTG adapter with different MicroSD card inserted with same result) so shouldn't be adapter or MicroSD problem, they can be used while plug into PC or phone.

I did not test the previous version

Also, USB cable can plug in the MicroUSB port and connect to PC, it can respond to adb and fastboot commands.

I can get whatever info you want just give me instructions...
(04-09-2018, 11:05 AM)samsonluk Wrote: logcat cannot catch anything because system freeze as soon as OTG USBDrive being plugged  (I have tested two different OTG adapter with different MicroSD card inserted with same result) so shouldn't be adapter or MicroSD problem, they can be used while plug into PC or phone.

I did not test the previous version

Also, USB cable can plug in the MicroUSB port and connect to PC, it can respond to adb and fastboot commands.

I can get whatever info you want just give me instructions...

Hi,
    I can reproduced this issue, really weird. 
    But I have one question, why do you plug the usb drive into the MicroUSB port instead of plug it into the one of the 4 usb ports ?
My MicroSD card adapter only got MicroUSB male plug.
(04-10-2018, 09:00 AM)samsonluk Wrote: My MicroSD card adapter only got MicroUSB male plug.

Dear, Samsonluk
    Sorry for the late reply. Because our original design has the OVP/UVP circuit on it, it can not provide the 5V power to the external device, like KB/MS/mass storage. So we do not support such user scenario.