This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bad HDMI output
#11
(06-13-2018, 01:08 PM)Substring Wrote: Hi @Jamess

Still the same problem : blurry output, as if it was a failed interleaved output. Vertical lines are like trembling, the screen often goes black.

I used commit 78bcfcc9a1c0d6b54e475742263e88a95e45aa6a

I've fixed a similar issue by manually tweaking Modeline options in Xorg config. Unfortunately, it's hard to explain how exactly to tweak it, but this page https://arachnoid.com/modelines/ and comparing values reported by Xorg in its log file for different modes (in my case, only some of the modes were not working while others were perfectly fine) helped. If display/adapter reports wrong data or just requires unusual values, I don't think kernel or even Xorg updates can fix that.
Reply
#12
(06-13-2018, 01:25 PM)pronvit Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 01:08 PM)Substring Wrote: Hi @Jamess

Still the same problem : blurry output, as if it was a failed interleaved output. Vertical lines are like trembling, the screen often goes black.

I used commit 78bcfcc9a1c0d6b54e475742263e88a95e45aa6a

I've fixed a similar issue by manually tweaking Modeline options in Xorg config. Unfortunately, it's hard to explain how exactly to tweak it, but this page https://arachnoid.com/modelines/ and comparing values reported by Xorg in its log file for different modes (in my case, only some of the modes were not working while others were perfectly fine) helped. If display/adapter reports wrong data or just requires unusual values, I don't think kernel or even Xorg updates can fix that.

I'm not using Xorg, it's plain fbdev

I should also mention that the very same setup works perfect on a raspberry. I even compared EDIDs, they are exactly the same. So when using standard CEA 16, i don't see how it could be that different, knowing the default rockchip kernel doesn't have this problem.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)