This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Confirmed working: Waveshare 7" touch display 1024x600
Thumbs Up 
I just want to confirm the Waveshare 7" HDMI touch display with a resolution of 1024x600 and hardware Rev 2.1 to be working out of the box with the TB and tinkerOS 2.0.4

Just plug it in and it works. Boots up with the correct resolution and touch working. No change of configuration files or drivers needed. 

The ODRIOD VU7+ (essentially the same display but a different protocol for the touch function) does NOT work! There are no drivers for the touch functionality availible.

You may want to add it to the hardware list in the wiki. It would have helped me a lot..
will it work on android aswell?
(05-05-2018, 01:37 AM)Cal Wrote: will it work on android aswell?

i am not interested in android so i didnt test it. but i can do a quick test later today
Good to hear that, this one was the screen I was planning to use, thanks for the confirmation, it was very helpful!
On Android it works too (and multitouch is available unlike on Linux - driver supports multitouch but not Xorg), however for some reason it sets 1920x1080 resolution instead of the correct one, so changed it via adb.

However, @vnt17, what can you say about touch accuracy? In my particular display it's not good. Well, it's usable but far from what we used to on proper phones and tablets.
My Tinkerboard also works with 1024x600 without any issues.

Btw, is it possible to adjust brightness/contrast on HDMI screen? My display have no hw controls to adjust, can it be set in software/driver?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DVE's post:
  • mikeKeY