This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinkerboard S .... when + where available?
Big Grin 
(06-13-2018, 01:57 PM)Z80 Wrote: 95 quid,
I got a 2nd hand Dell mini tower for 90 Inc del from eBay
I5 3470, 8gb ram 250gb HD DVD etc
Does that fit in your pocket like a tinkerboard ? Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikerr's post:
  • Liquid Cool
Perhaps I should mention...I live in the US.  Although, I will thank you Mike for taking the time to look.   Smile

Z80 has a serious point, some should consider.  From my own perspective...I've always supported any type of mini pc.  I don't care if it's an SBC or not.  For me what is important is...no fan and small.  I'll deal with everything else as it comes up.  If there were SBC's that we're fanless Core m3's...I'd think I probably died and gone to heaven.   In the future....I plan on just using these devices as my main pc, so...I'm always "tinker"ing around to see how far tech is coming along to my goal.  

A core m3 is good enough "for me" for a main pc.  I've been using an HP Spectre x2 12 for the last year and a half and it does everything I want it to do...EXCEPT run linux.  Oh, it runs...but no speakers...but I digress.

Best,

Liquid Cool

P.S.  I've decided to just wait patiently....I have another project I'm working on(Ryzen 3 2200 build) at the moment.
(06-13-2018, 01:57 PM)Z80 Wrote: 95 quid,
I got a 2nd hand Dell mini tower for 90 Inc del from eBay
I5 3470, 8gb ram 250gb HD DVD etc

maybe.... but then I don't think I could hide a Dell mini tower complete with HDD and DVD behind my vehicle 12" letterbox TFT dashboard in an effort to remove replace the instrument panel + speedo, rev-counter, oil pressure, water temp, fuel level etc etc...

...not all of use are using SBC's as replacement PC's or media centers....

(06-13-2018, 11:19 AM)Mikerr Wrote: Scan have it in stock at £94.49:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-tinker-board-s-sbc-rockchip-rk3288-mali-t764-2gb-ddr3-16gb-emmc-gbe-80211b-g-n-bluetooth-4-4x-u

+ £11.50 UK shipping..... unless you live near bolton....
...working my way through the 1000+ ways things don't work to find the one that does...
For those in the U.S., Micro Center (http://www.microcenter.com) has the Tinkerboard and Tinkerboard S in stock for $49.99 and $84.99, respectively.