This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doom3!!! super easy!!!
Hi everyone, this is my first post. 

Anyway, I got doom3 to run smoothly on the Tinkerboard! 

All you have to do is install the .deb package made for odroid, and, after it is installed, copy your doom3 files into ~/.doom3/base!

this was really too easy. I spent days trying to get this to work on the pi, and when it did, it had a horrible framerate (1fps). On the Tinkerboard, however, it is stable around 14 fps with a modified config file.

Links:
(.deb)  oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/pool/main/d/doom3-odroid/doom3-odroid_1.3.1+deb8-13_armhf.deb
(config file. delete and replace the one in ~/.doom3/base. I used wget)  henrike.se/d3/DoomConfig.cfg
(informative forum aimed for the pi but useful) raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99624

there is a link to a patch on the forum for more performance, but you have to compile doom3 to test it. It would be interesting if someone could try it. It raised the fps to about 3 on the pi.

BTW: I was having some real problems with my monitor. (asus, out of range error ) it turned out that I had to edit the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-modesetting.conf (can be done over ssh) and delete all the resolutions, then add mine and save/reboot.

thanks, tinkerthinker

Update: type doom3 at the terminal to launch.