Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gstreamer and hardware decoding
Hi, I want to use Gstreamer to play videos in 4K with hardware decoding. I'm currently testing different commands with gst-launch such as:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/Downloads/test.mp4 ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink

or

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///home/linaro/Downloads/test.mp4

Both play the video (4K video) but in 5fps more or less, so i'm guessing that hardware decoding isn't being used, because if I use the native media player the video plays just fine.

Any idea of the problem? I have also tried other pipelines using different elements such as mppvideodec with no result

Thanks!
Haha,

I may know this how to work!!
try rkximagesink!!

I don't know what are they different. but I saw something like at https://github.com/rockchip-linux/gstrea...chip-extra before.
Hi, thanks for answering
I have tried this commands:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/Downloads/test.mp4 ! decodebin name=decoder decoder. ! queue ! videoconvert ! rkximagesink
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/Downloads/test.mp4 ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! rkximagesink
gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:~/Downloads/test.mp4 ! rkximagesink

The three of them work much better than before, however only the first one works almost smoothly. I think the video lags from time to time since videoconvert uses a lot of cpu, am I right?