This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expand filesystem ?
I'm running Android on my tinkerboard stored on a 64GB Micro SD, but its not even using 8GB of it, which is not enough for all the apps I planned to install.
How do I expand the storage to use at least 50GB for Data?
(06-02-2018, 04:38 PM)nex86 Wrote: I'm running Android on my tinkerboard stored on a 64GB Micro SD, but its not even using 8GB of it, which is not enough for all the apps I planned to install.
How do I expand the storage to use at least 50GB for Data?

Install gparted.  Increase the 8gb to 64gb.
It will be less.  Something like 57gb.  You always lose some gigs.
sudo apt install gparted.
only shows one unknown 59GB partition on the card.
I can't resize anything.

I don't understand.

Code:
Disk /dev/sdb: 59,6 GiB, 64021856256 bytes, 125042688 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
(06-02-2018, 11:57 PM)nex86 Wrote: only shows one unknown 59GB partition on the card.
I can't resize anything.

I don't understand.

Code:
Disk /dev/sdb: 59,6 GiB, 64021856256 bytes, 125042688 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

Did you install and run gparted?
Can you expand/delete/format it ext4?
If not, you can't alter the microSD when it is booted up.

You may have to take the microSD to another computer and use gparted. Try to expand or format it.
You can install gparted live on a USB thumbdrive or CD using easy2boot or YUMI.
Boot up gparted live on a desktop computer and plug in the microSD. Delete all partitions and create only one and format ext4.

Or you can flash the microSD with tinkerboardOS and see if it work. You may have a bad microSD or Android may have something you have to do.
I don't know the Android OS.
A factory reset inside android settings should expand the filesystem to fill the card
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikerr's post:
  • Ian J