This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Release] TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.7
(07-02-2018, 03:11 PM)TkBd Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 11:43 AM)xxavi Wrote: Hi ,

Any way to upgrade an existing Tinker OS ?

Thanks, see you.

Hi,

Re-burning the image maybe is the best way while forcing an update may make mistakes. (Truth: There is not a direct way to upgrade between two version, at least the apt-get dist-upgrade command is unavailable)

TkBd

Hi TkBd ,

OK, thanks. See you.
(06-29-2018, 05:18 AM)TkBd Wrote: CPU only shows 1 core by using 'htop', anything wrong whit that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rebuilt kernel, maybe duo to the .config file. I plan to extract correct .config file from v2.07 and rebuild again to see if it's going to be normal again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Just confirmed a crash 'Temporary failure in name resolution' after using new kernel built from the current source code. Please check this issue and found some errors during compiling the driver directives. Please check this issus.

Thanks a lot

TkBd

Dear, TkBd
   Thanks for the feedback, we just found this issue. The develop branch on github has this issue, and release branch doesn't. Please use the release branch temporarily, we will try to fix this issue. Keep update if any.
(07-02-2018, 03:11 PM)TkBd Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 11:43 AM)xxavi Wrote: Hi ,

Any way to upgrade an existing Tinker OS ?

Thanks, see you.

Hi,

Re-burning the image maybe is the best way while forcing an update may make mistakes. (Truth: There is not a direct way to upgrade between two version, at least the apt-get dist-upgrade command is unavailable)

TkBd

Can you tell me if sudo apt dist-upgrade OR sudo apt upgrade is working yet to update OS to latest version?
The command is available (you said unavailable but it is available).... but does it work?
I don't want to reburn the whole OS

I have googled the answer on the forums and got many confusing explanations from non-native english speakers

so.... does upgrade / dist-upgrade work to upgrade OS because I do not want to reinstall from scratch???
I use 2.0.7 image . I set static ip, the default route is missing.