This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Etcher run on TinkerOS?
Can etcher-electron-1.4.4-i386.AppImage run on TinkerOS V2.0.5? I have spent some hours now trying to get it to load but I'm unable to.

These are some of the errors when trying through terminal.
Skipping acquire of configured file 'etcher/binary-armhf/Packages' as repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/resin-io/debian stable InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'armhf'

Unable to locate package Etcher
The answer to your question is in front of you, in the error message.

But you can run i386 apps on ARM via some emulators if there are no native packages.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Xenial for Tinker Board.
[-] The following 1 user Likes igorpec's post:
  • Graffik
Why would u want etcher on the tinker?
...working my way through the 1000+ ways things don't work to find the one that does...
Etcher only runs on x86 machines like PC or MAC

There's no ARM Version ( CPU used in the tinkerboard)

You can use the command "dd" to read / write disk images on tinkerboard
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikerr's post:
  • Graffik
I'm not sure is that have possible to compile from source code.
https://github.com/resin-io/etcher/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Craz_tyle's post:
  • Graffik
(07-06-2018, 07:15 AM)Mikerr Wrote: Etcher only runs on x86 machines like PC or MAC

There's no ARM Version ( CPU used in the tinkerboard)

You can use the command "dd" to read / write disk images on tinkerboard

Thanks. I'll give the ”dd” a go with update 2.0.7... Right after I get my laptop and card reader back off a mate tomorrow.

(07-06-2018, 06:43 AM)Robertspark Wrote: Why would u want etcher on the tinker?

As of this minute it is the only working computer on site.

(07-06-2018, 06:42 AM)igorpec Wrote: The answer to your question is in front of you, in the error message.

But you can run i386 apps on ARM via some emulators if there are no native packages.

Yes I did armhf to my search eventually.