This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade TinkerOS GPU driver
I would like to upgrade the GPU driver of TinkerOS v2.0.7 from libmali-rk-midgard-r9p0-r0p0-1.5-4 to libmali-rk-midgard-r14p0-r0p0_1.6-1. I found it is not possible to simply upgrade/replace the old version.  What is the correct procedures to do it, a kernel recompile is required?

Output of Kodi gbm build:
Code:
file /dev/mali0 is not of a compatible version (user 10.6, kernel 10.4)
ERROR: The DDK is not compatible with any of the Mali GPU on the system
The DDK was build for 0x750 r0p0 status range [1..1], but none of the GPUs matched:
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Existing
Segmentation fault
Regards
Samson
(07-14-2018, 08:02 AM)samsonluk Wrote: I would like to upgrade the GPU driver of TinkerOS v2.0.7 from libmali-rk-midgard-r9p0-r0p0-1.5-4 to libmali-rk-midgard-r14p0-r0p0_1.6-1. I found it is not possible to simply upgrade/replace the old version.  What is the correct procedures to do it, a kernel recompile is required?

Output of Kodi gbm build:
Code:
file /dev/mali0 is not of a compatible version (user 10.6, kernel 10.4)
ERROR: The DDK is not compatible with any of the Mali GPU on the system
The DDK was build for 0x750 r0p0 status range [1..1], but none of the GPUs matched:
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Existing
Segmentation fault

Hi Samsonluk,

Where are you find the libmali-rk-midgard-r14p0-r0p0_1.6-1?
You can upgrade TinkerOS mali userspace library to libmali-rk-midgard-r13p0-r0p0_1.5-4_armhf, it can be find in <tinker board source>/rk-rootfs-build-new/packages/armhf/libmali
(07-16-2018, 07:37 AM)alex3788 Wrote: Where are you find the libmali-rk-midgard-r14p0-r0p0_1.6-1?
You can upgrade TinkerOS mali userspace library to libmali-rk-midgard-r13p0-r0p0_1.5-4_armhf, it can be find in <tinker board source>/rk-rootfs-build-new/packages/armhf/libmali

@alex3788
It's here -> https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rk-rootfs-build/tree/master/packages/armhf/libmali

I just learned mali kernel driver is only work with a matching API version between the Kernel side and User Space side of the driver, so would it be possible to just upgrade libmali-rk-midgard-r13p0-r0p0_1.5-4_armhf without the kernel part?

What exact location you refer to as "<tinker board source>" , I checked kernel source tree don't have "rk-rootfs-build-new/packages/armhf/libmali"
Regards
Samson
(07-16-2018, 08:31 AM)samsonluk Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 07:37 AM)alex3788 Wrote: Where are you find the libmali-rk-midgard-r14p0-r0p0_1.6-1?

@alex3788
It's here -> https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rk-rootfs-build/tree/master/packages/armhf/libmali

I just learned mali kernel driver is only work with a matching API version between the Kernel side and User Space side of the driver, so would it be possible to just upgrade libmali-rk-midgard-r13p0-r0p0_1.5-4_armhf without the kernel part?

What exact location you refer to as "<tinker board source>" , I checked kernel source tree don't have "rk-rootfs-build-new/packages/armhf/libmali"

Hi Samsonluk,

You can download r13p0-r0p0 mali userspace library from here
libmali-rk-midgard-r13p0-r0p0_1.5-4_armhf.deb
Note that with the r14p0 version provided by Rockchip, there's two variants.

The r0p0 and the r1p0.

Some work with certain RK3288 boards, and other with other RK3288 boards. If one fails, try the other one.
@Myy, 
Maybe you forgot this thread in Armbian forum... it seems that problem is not with the r0p0 and the r1p0 (I checked TinkerOS stock bundle is with r0p0), TinkerOS/rockchip kernel 4.4 seems bundle with very outdated version of mali  on kernel side or if it is for mali400  Huh So I did not bother to change anything on user space side but switching kernel first.
Regards
Samson