This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] TB S, new install. LightDM stuck. How to start in TTY?
Wink 
Hi forum
I'm new here, but quite used to work with linux. Excuse my bad grammar I haven't learned English properly.

I bought a Tinker Board S and connected to TV set, with a wireless keyboard and a 2 Amps PSU.

Then the boot is pretty fine upto the splash screen. Then I can't go any further, no switching to another TTY, the display goes off (perhaps is the TV set itself to do that).

I've installed the image by dding into the eMMC memory. I can read it right now, but I can't chroot in it, because is a 64bit Archlinux  Wink  

The lightdm message.
Code:
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.18.3, UID=0 PID=2483
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/01_debian.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/local/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /etc/xdg/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xlocal
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
[+0.06s] DEBUG: Monitoring logind for seats
[+0.06s] DEBUG: New seat added from logind: seat0
[+0.06s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Loading properties from config section Seat:*
[+0.06s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting
[+0.06s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating user session
[+0.06s] WARNING: Error getting user list from org.freedesktop.Accounts: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
[+0.06s] DEBUG: Loading user config from /etc/lightdm/users.conf
[+0.06s] DEBUG: User linaro added
[+0.06s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
[+0.07s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
[+0.07s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 7
[+0.07s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+0.07s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Writing X server authority to /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+0.07s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Launching X Server
[+0.07s] DEBUG: Launching process 2489: /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
[+0.07s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+0.07s] DEBUG: Acquired bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.07s] DEBUG: Registering seat with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
[+0.07s] WARNING: Could not enumerate user data directory /var/lib/lightdm/data: Error opening directory '/var/lib/lightdm/data': No such file or directory
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Process 2489 exited with return value 127
[+6.80s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: X server stopped
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 7
[+6.80s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Removing X server authority /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping session
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Active display server stopped, starting greeter
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Using VT 7
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 7
[+6.80s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
[+6.80s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Writing X server authority to /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+6.80s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Launching X Server
[+6.80s] DEBUG: Launching process 2499: /usr/bin/X :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
[+6.80s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Process 2499 exited with return value 1
[+6.81s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: X server stopped
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 7
[+6.81s] DEBUG: DisplayServer x-0: Removing X server authority /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping; greeter display server failed to start
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping session
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopped
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Required seat has stopped
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Stopping display manager
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Display manager stopped
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Stopping daemon
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping session
[+6.81s] DEBUG: Exiting with return value 1
There could be other log, but I didn't find any relevant detail. Just tell which is most to see.

So I would like to try to stop at the TTY login, but I can't remember the way to use a debian (it's long I turned to Arch :Smile . Then after I might try to modify some setup and perhaps to tell the kernel to try a nomodeset way and see if Xorg will start.

Beside to find out to boot into a different partition, but I put it as next step Wink

EDIT
There was some warning when I've checked by Gparted, then I gave a fsck. After that it complained  that the disk was full.
After a resize the  partition all thing are gone back to working conditions.
I finally remember the way to stop the booting process at the VTTY so I could fix some particular condition. A such point i launched startlxde and I could get the GUI alive. Big Grin

EDIT2
In the event to stop to load the graphical interface (xorg) it's just as simple as editing /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf and adding 3 to the append command line