This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Boot Animation .
Hi there,

I want to change the boot animation of "Sliding Android "  to Our Animation...

I found the Code in bootanimation.cpp file source/frameworks/base/cmds/bootanimation.

I want to enable bootanimation.zip file in the botanimation.cpp file...

Please Provide solutions, If anyone known about it...

Thanks
Please take a try and test with this:
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Boot-logo

Thanks.
Thank you for your response.

I already referred that link, They mentioned the methods for boot logo not for enabling boot animation...

I want to change the boot animation, Please provide me a better solution.

Thanks
Hi Meeran

You can reference the bootanimation.zip and replaced the png file inside. The Android framework will
play the picture from 0.png to the last png file one by one. And it will look like an animation.
After you finish the zip file, please put the bootanimation.zip to /system/media/bootanimation.zip
The zip file name must be bootanimation.zip.
(08-08-2018, 02:57 AM)scorpiochang Wrote: Hi Meeran

You can reference the bootanimation.zip and replaced the png file inside. The Android framework will
play the picture from 0.png to the last png file one by one. And it will look like an animation.
After you finish the zip file, please put the bootanimation.zip to /system/media/bootanimation.zip
The zip file name must be bootanimation.zip.

Hi Scorpiochang

Thanks for your response, Please check the code in Bootanimation.cpp file. In that file, bootanimation.zip file is not enabled.I want to know to how to enable the file, did you have that file ? If not, reply me. I'll send the code present in it... Please refer that and provide a best solution.

Thanks
Hi Meeran

what OS version you used?
can you send your bootanimation.zip to me?
scorpio_chang@asus.com

thx
(08-09-2018, 08:25 AM)Meeran Wrote: Hi Scorpiochang

Thanks for your response, Please check the code in Bootanimation.cpp file. In that file, bootanimation.zip file is not enabled.I want to know to how to enable the file, did you have that file ? If not, reply me. I'll send the code present in it... Please refer that and provide a best solution.

Thanks

The source code does not have the boot animation disabled it is always enabled. The boot animation is used if the bootanimation.zip is found and can be accessed, otherwise it will use the default logo one.

If you believe it is disabled in code, please share how or where. I am in the source for BootAnimation.cpp now and see nothing that would disable it.