This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting and installing one's own kernel
Hello forum,

I'm studying my way to set up a different distro, rather those are proposed here. Unfortunately, I'm not much skill and I'm looking to learn the steps in order to achieve my design.
I'm accustomed to use Archlinux, so actually I solve a hybrid result. The ALarm kernel is not suitable to be installed on TB. There are only preparations for Chromebooks. I suspect that differ from the TB one. Then my setup is using TinkerOS kernel and load all the Arch rootfs.
To have it working I copy the module tree into the kernel path and issue a depmod -a. Anyway not everything is going that smooth Undecided

It may suffice, for certain extent, but the big difference is about the kernel modularity on Arch, which is not applied on TinkerOS.

I'd like to find some directions and guidelines to proceed for the kernel compiling and u.boot setting.
I read some good point but it lacks to describe for a particular case, such tinker board could be.

Should I do ?:
  • get the latest kernel
  • get the rk3288 config file.
  • sort out the kernel configuration, compared with the /proc/config.gz
  • arrange u-boot with the proper dtbs
  • write the boot loader on the SDcard, or even better test it in RAM