This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xubuntu 18.04 from ELAR Systems
If your preferences are for a desktop with GUI, there is the option to go for that. That is presented in a terminal (ncurses) interfaces to browse for such option.
Hi,  Im4Tinker

Thanks anyway but i'll stick with Debian V2.0.7 it all work fairly well. I just  thought of giving the other os's a try just to see if i'm missing any thing

Smile
Quote:Where a Debian v 2.0.7 just starts at the Desktop and the Xubuntu just starts at the Desktop may be Armbain should do to and then let me make the changes i want.

This means you haven't read anything before a start. Armbian is provided in a desktop and a CLI version (for advanced users and those who need bare OS). If you start with minimal CLI version, there is no desktop while in desktop version it boots straight up ... after initial login and user setup. If you fail to create a user, the desktop won't start. It is clearly written. Desktop and especially some applications refuse to run under the root user. Armbian could come with a predefined user like TinkerOS, Raspbian, ..., but why making security holes where there is no need?

Quote:may be Armbain should do to

There is nothing to do. Everything works perfectly.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
I have just installed the latest version of Xubuntu from here www.elar-systems.com/website/index.php/entertainment/member-area/download/2-downloads/25-tikerboard-xubuntu18-04-lts-elar-systems-sd-v1 and now I have an issue with sound. On TinkerOS sound was working through HDMI out of the box, but with Xubuntu it is now. I tried all the outputs in the settings and configuration, Chrome shows that the sound is working, but I can hear nothing through my earphones connected to the monitor which is connected to tinkerboard via HDMI. Is it a known issue or where can I get info how to fix it? Thanks.
Elar System maybe took a little to fix hardware issues in a particular board, my impression.
So it might be just a mainline Xubuntu which has to go across some rocky roads.

To have a very same installation, what could be the obstacle that you don't like linaro OS, or Armbian ?
(which I feel the latter the best solution)
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin