This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xubuntu 18.04 from ELAR Systems
New release of Xubuntu 18.04 from ELAR Systems
Quote:We just have released another beautiful flavor of Ubuntu with XFCE desktop, Xubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Similar to the previous releases, SD card will be resized upon the first boot to extend to the max size of the SD. The root account password is forced to be changed in first login as well. This has improved the security issue preventing others to login to your system as the SSH is enabled by default in this image. WiFi and Bluetooth both works fine and system performance has been improved as well.

Sound/Audio works great without any issue. As always, enjoy listening to a Bonus Sound Track "A Way To The Heaven" composed and arranged by 'Saeid Ghazagh', available in "Music" folder.

Includes custom Kernel 4.4.103 based on latest Rockchip-Linux Kernel including preloaded 1-Wire kernel driver and Custom LED colors (Green: Device On, Orange: SD Activity, RED: Disconnected Network Module).

https://www.elar-systems.com/website/ind...-downloads
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikerr's post:
  • Leskriim, scruffypainter
thank you mikerr for your sharing! me who was complaining about ubuntu performances i'm going to test thatWink

(08-23-2018, 06:56 PM)Leskriim Wrote: thank you mikerr for your sharing! me who was complaining about ubuntu performances i'm going to test thatWink

edit: should I take the first link? "Tinker Board Ubuntu 18.04-Systems-LTS-ELAR-SD (Version 1.0) 1.00" it seems to me that it is old, apparently it was created on 2018-07-31
 I'm french

Yes, seems to be 3 weeks 'old' - only got a notification on google+ about it yesterday though.
is it possible to find a version of Windows 10 iot core?
 I'm french

I installed Xubuntu and using it for a while.
It doesn't have HDMI so no sound.
The youtube and video files run in a small window and not good in full or large window.

It does look nice.
Hope there are fixes for the HDMI and Video coming soon.
Hi Mikerr

Xubuntu 7.04 was my very first linux long term OS and loved it so seeing xubuntu on tinker board would be fantastic. I did try Xubuntu 18.04 from ELAR Systems but ran in to several problems with the key board setup wasn't able to change, sound on the tinker board is poor so i'm using through the control board with rockchip audio setting in pulse audio which works well but in Xubuntu it didn't have that option like in Debian v.2.0.7, firefox ran very slow. It would be nice to have Xubuntu running on a tinker board 

Thanks 
Wink
Quote:It would be nice to have Xubuntu running on a tinker board

Super polished Xubuntu: https://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard/ with stock and modern kernel.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
HI  Igorpec

I did try armbian on two occasions but to complicated to set up for a newbie so no luck

Thanks
Quote:but to complicated to set up

Then it would be impossible for you to set up anything else.

Can you elaborate how did you manage to fail? We are eager to improve the problem.

Check this picture - it is this easy:

Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
Hi 

Yes i did download Armbian from there website,I checked the authenticity wasn't sure about the proper power supply 
i inserted my sandisk extreme pro 64gbs into the tinker board and sure enough i got to the login changed the password from 1234 set up a user account.
That is it i then try sudo apt-get update and upgrade it didn't find  packages where i could not continue. I followed the instruction on the website.
Your attachment said about changing time zones the website doesn't. Where a Debian v 2.0.7 just starts at the Desktop and the Xubuntu just starts at the Desktop
may be Armbain should do to and then let me make the changes i want.