This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no sound on android
hi everyone, i flashed and installed android on my 16GB sandisk card.. so far everything's smooth. Cool  I even installed Nova Launcher. So i decided to test video quality, only problem is, no sound is coming out of the speaker I plugged in. I tried different speakers, and even tried my headphones and earphones - but still no sound, despite having set the volume to max. Can anyone help? Huh 

thank you.

/ogs
Have you already gone to Settings.HDMI and Audio_Source.Audio Output and set it to HeadSet? Sometimes it don't stay in this setting and you must open again to check.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lobo's post:
  • ogs
hi lobo,

i did that, but still no sound was coming out of my speakers. i find this odd, since i installed tinkeros on a separate sd card - where there was sound output coming from the audio port. i also tried reflashing the android os, btw for context i'm using the latest image of android M from the asus website, ( V13.14.0.95 ). however, audio was present for HDMI (tried it on a screen w/ speakers and it worked).... but still i wish to utilize the sound port. Smile Sad

/ogs
I too have this problem
 I'm french

anyone?  Huh
(09-01-2018, 01:51 AM)ogs Wrote: hi lobo,

i did that, but still no sound was coming out of my speakers. i find this odd, since i installed tinkeros on a separate sd card - where there was sound output coming from the audio port. i also tried reflashing the android os, btw for context i'm using the latest image of android M from the asus website, ( V13.14.0.95 ). however, audio was present for HDMI (tried it on a screen w/ speakers and it worked).... but still i wish to utilize the sound port. Smile Sad

/ogs

Hi ogs,

Maybe you can try use adb tool to set the property,

Following below steps:
--------------------------------------------
adb connect "your TinkerBoard ip"
adb shell
setprop persist.audio.output 2

And try to play your music again, check whether the sound is coming from the Headset port?
[-] The following 3 users Like Ewan's post:
  • Leskriim, lobo, ogs
YES. finally it's working.. will do more tests for now.. i hope this is a permanent fix.. (meaning i don't have to adb connect to the tb from time to time to re-setprop)..
(08-31-2018, 04:43 PM)lobo Wrote: Have you already gone to Settings.HDMI and Audio_Source.Audio Output and set it to HeadSet? Sometimes it don't stay in this setting and you must open again to check.

(09-05-2018, 06:29 AM)Ewan Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 01:51 AM)ogs Wrote: hi lobo,

/ogs

Hi ogs,

Maybe you can try use adb tool to set the property,

Following below steps:
adb connect "your TinkerBoard ip"
adb shell
setprop persist.audio.output 2

And try to play your music again, check whether the sound is coming from the Headset port?

for everyone having this same problem @Ewan 's solution worked for me. ^ thanks~!

For everyone who's confused w/ the steps, adb - stands for android debug bridge. adb along with certain commands (and parameters if needed) are needed to interact in an SSH-like manner to your android running on tinkerboard.
Hello there

I have the opposite problem: sound is on jack but not on HDMI. I tried to set persist.audio.output to 1, not I don't have sound at all, not even on jack - then discovered on the Audio Output menu that it went on SPDIF.

I've noticed that when in HDMI mode, my TV keeps displaying the OSD showing the HDMI port in use, as when the resolution changed - but I don't see any changes there.

I've tried with my home theatre (Onkyo receiver) and I still don't have sound.

Any help?

Edit: please ignore, I have tried Debian and I don't have sound there either. I'll repost on a generic forum.