This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Release] TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50
Hi all,

Newbie here and I've just get myself a Tinker Board S last week but I've tried to install Android (new and old version) which download from the official website or from here, it always fail me at the stage to copy the image to my SD card.

I've no problem installing or burn the image for Debian into my SD card and it works very well but just not Android.

Anyone can help? I've followed the step by step 100%. Sad

Thank you and really appreciate it. I believe that a lot of newbie facing the same problem like me too.
(09-20-2018, 11:18 AM)Tinker55 Wrote: Hi all,

Newbie here and I've just get myself a Tinker Board S last week but I've tried to install Android (new and old version) which download from the official website or from here, it always fail me at the stage to copy the image to my SD card.

I've no problem installing or burn the image for Debian into my SD card and it works very well but just not Android.

Anyone can help? I've followed the step by step 100%. Sad

Thank you and really appreciate it. I believe that a lot of newbie facing the same problem like me too.

hello Tinker55,
got a new Tinker Board S... nice.. ;-]... I still don't have one yet...
so.. it sounds like it might be a problem with the SD card...
when ever I start a new install..  
TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.7.. or TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50..
I.. start with inserting the SD card into a USB card reader and attaching it to..
windows 10 system.. [windows key + x].. then [Disk Management].. 
then.. find and right click on the USB Drive.. and delete any volumes on the card..
then eject and remove the USB card reader with the SD card....
reattach the USB card reader to windows 10 system again.. and this time..
run.. as Administrator.. SDfomatter.. Select card.. and Overwrite format.. from options.. 
then... [Format]... ;-].. this takes longer.. but it will check if your SDcard is ok.. 
then eject and remove the USB card reader with the SD card....
reattach the USB card reader to windows 10 system again..and this time..
run.. as Administrator.. Etcher.. Select image.. check you are writing to the usb drive..
then.. click on [Flash].. 
Note.. when writing Android image.. you might get a warning that you are writing to a non bootable drive..
just.. click on continue... ;-]... if your SD card  is good.. then that should be it.. 
when Ether.. finishes.. just remove USB card reader with SD Card.. 
plug.. SD card into Tinker Board & enjoy... ]]]]]....
from one Newbie.. to another.. 
-------------------------------------------------------
hope it helps,
k.
----------
ps.. take.. EXTRA care.. when using [Disk Management]..
B sure.. ur removing volumes from the USB only ]]]]]]].........
Working with windows about ext4 partitions is not a safe way. For my POW, better to use a debian live (like Ubuntu, for instance)
From there it's fine to use gparted.
Hi,

Where can I find the kernel source for Android 7 Nougat?
(09-22-2018, 12:52 PM)Bala Krishna Ragala Wrote: Hi,

Where can I find the kernel source for Android 7 Nougat?

Compiling Tinkerboard's Android
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-1865.html

2, prepare your working directory...
this might help...................
sorry.. but I don't understand any of it yet...

thanks to kbungo..
I'll B spending the next 18 months on this ]]]]]]]..........

https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...ml#pid7947
Many, thanks... Tinker Board ;-]...

----------------------------------------
hope this helps,
k.
Thank you k247!

The problem that I'm facing is definitely not from the SD card. I've attached the error message saying that "The image does not appear to contain a partition table, and might not be recognized or bootable by your device."

Only Android. Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-24-2018, 03:32 AM)Tinker55 Wrote: Thank you k247!

The problem that I'm facing is definitely not from the SD card. I've attached the error message saying that "The image does not appear to contain a partition table, and might not be recognized or bootable by your device."

Only Android. Sad

hi Tinker55 ,
Thats normal... :-]...
Just press [Continue]..
& happy tinkering ]]]]....
---------------------------------------
hope it helps,
k
(09-04-2018, 07:37 AM)morph Wrote: Great news, thank you! Are there any updated instructions regarding Google Play installation?

I have made a video on how to set up google play on the tinker board!
I wrote this image to a 64GB SD card (that worked with Tinker OS) but I can't seem to boot it on the Tinker Board. I also noticed that there indeed was no partition table. Would it likely work better if I'd write the image to the internal storage?

Can I just use 'dd if=20180817-tinker-board-android-nougat-userdebug-v14.1.2.50.img of=/dev/mmcblk? bs=4M' to write the image or should I do something special?
a lot of bug in settings and impossible to change the wallpaper properly
 I'm french