This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Release] TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50
(10-28-2018, 06:26 PM)jschwart Wrote: Can I just use 'dd if=20180817-tinker-board-android-nougat-userdebug-v14.1.2.50.img of=/dev/mmcblk? bs=4M' to write the image or should I do something special?

I suggest you to avoid it. Because you will write the Android partition table, which might not be what you expect.
Please have a look at my document, perhaps you will get a better vision.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Yes I noticed that the image doesn't have a usual partition table, that's why I asked the question.

I looked over your document. It's not entirely clear to me whether the UMS code is included in the Android images available from ASUS, but I guess it's not.
I booted the image with the correct jumper settings now from an SD card. First I saw an animation with 'Erasing' and then there is the Tinker Board logo. This logo just stays however, nothing seems to be happening. Any idea what is going on? Should I wait?
The u-boot is not different from the other installation (AKA OS). The difference is the installation and what it reads when is booting. In particular case the device-tree file. So these few points are common for all the installation listed in this site.
Just imaging the u-boot like a BIOS, with a little extension on a device-tree file. I can't figure out a computer to boot without a BIOS or a program that helps to find the surrounding hardware.
This is not depending so much from the OS, because is not yet called in action, during boot time.
(11-10-2018, 03:11 PM)jschwart Wrote: I booted the image with the correct jumper settings now from an SD card. First I saw an animation with 'Erasing' and then there is the Tinker Board logo. This logo just stays however, nothing seems to be happening. Any idea what is going on? Should I wait?

I have the same problem. Did you find solution ?
(12-20-2018, 08:06 AM)olegsh91 Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 03:11 PM)jschwart Wrote: I booted the image with the correct jumper settings now from an SD card. First I saw an animation with 'Erasing' and then there is the Tinker Board logo. This logo just stays however, nothing seems to be happening. Any idea what is going on? Should I wait?

I have the same problem. Did you find solution ?

What is your burning image tool ? I always use win32diskimage tool when I use windows PC. And have you ever burn the image into eMMC to check if the S/W, H/W is ok ?
Maybe you meet the sdcard compatibility issue.
lighting keeps closing down for me
I think after another manual restart it just worked for me.
Has anyone managed to run any sort of I2C commands on Android using Java or Kotlin?

I got wiringPi C based GPIO library provided but my code with I2C support simply reboots endlessly.
Android compiled i2c-tools i2cdetect simply says permission denied.

EDIT: Permission denied is resolved. I compiled i2c-tools with proper Android support and now i2cdetect works.
My JNI code does not still.
Android uses a tight permission scheme. It's supposed that you root the system.

Why crossposting ?