This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50 Release
20180817-tinker-board-androidnougat-userdebug-v14.1.2.50.zip

TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50

Release Notes
* First Android 7 Nougat support image
[Image: Lv2wwzQ.jpg]

MD5:
b84a0654315eca0452f00a9558abc3da (zip)
40e9c412b0a14a344c147aff1c1b8589 (img)
Great news, thank you! Are there any updated instructions regarding Google Play installation?
recovery menu uses volume and power buttons
Google Play Store ON clean install [TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.asus.com/uk/Single-Board-Com..._Download/

nth time.. we live & learn.. ;-].. now play store is stable & working.. ]]...

it was getting way... to long to keep on posting on this main thread.. 
so I moved the posts to a normal thread..

Google Play Store ON clean install TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also.. I had to create a new username k247tEK.. thank you.. youtube ]]]].....
any.. how.. new account now working .. and I can post https:// links..
many.. many many thanks .. Admin... ]]]]......

so back to tinkering.. only minor issues..to sort out.. screen power management 
should not power down tinker board when entering sleep mode.. or should it ]]]..
just need to figure out how to wake it.. 
workaround for now... is to  simply disable sleep function.. & Disabled HDMI control..

lockscreen function not working.. swipe to unlock is working.. but Not if you setup 
PIN / Password.. then  [Screen lock] setting menu will fail to open.. 
workaround.. adb into shell /data/system and delete lock & key files then reboot...
this resets screen lock to swipe to unlock... ]]]]]]......

also if you install an app to lock the screen.. then you will see..
that.. don't add a new user when locked.. function is not working....

all Apps on clean install now are working.. contacts now is connecting & syncing.. ]]]]....
Asus Email.. is not stable .[..  you can disable.. and use Gmail & Outlook from the play store...

Backup and reset... Backup account.. No account is currently storing backed up data..
need to install Google Backup Transport & maybe Setup Wizard with ConfigUpdater..
this.. I haven't yet tested... ]]]]....

regarding hardware.. I put on BBC iplayer and full first session of killing EVE..
video playback solid.. ]]]]..  love it... but hdmi sound a bit lowQ.. 
have not tested with jack yet.. 

network rtp://@ stream failed to play on kodi.. but works ok in VLC..
strange.. as it was working with.. TinkerOS_Android V13.14.0.95...
will reinstall kodi.. and test again...

since I could not get screen saver to run.. I downloaded live wall papers 
and used file manager to install them.. ;-]...  

update....###  just got ROOT under Termux.... ;-]....

its not 100% yet.. but for a 1st release... WHAT A Start.. ;-]... Thank you ASUS..  
#################################################################################
tested on TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50...
Hope it helps,
k.
#################################################################################
fix Sleep Never, fix lock screen PIN or pattern, fix wire LAN with WiFi ;-]...

TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50 with ASUS LiveWater(Live wallpaper)

next.. Get Root.. / Got Root ]]]]]]....... python & then Scratch that GPIO itch…
[-] The following 1 user Likes k247's post:
  • cathorse
in some applications I also have error messages and the application only closes. I'm not on playstore I download apk on aptoide, knowing that on android 6 it works
 I'm french

[-] The following 1 user Likes Leskriim's post:
  • ogs
Hi @k247

I have installed Play services and Store and have any issues, but the process was a bit easier. I did it using files which you proposed to download and installed them on fresh Android distro.

./adb connect 192.168.*.*

./adb root

./adb connect 192.168.*.*

./adb remount

./adb push playservices.apk /system/priv-app/

./adb push gsf.apk /system/priv-app/

./adb push playstore.apk /system/priv-app/

./adb install -r playservices.apk

Then `Settings` - `Apps` - `PLay Services` - turn or all options

Reboot

`Settings` - `Apps` - `PLay Store` - turn or all options

Login to the google account, any errors Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes morph's post:
  • Alloc
or you could just check out Domo's thread https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-1847.html .. he re uploaded a fixed image (with google play) and no errors too..
Great work, thanks!

Only problem I have not been able to resolve is that Display settings crashes for me too. Google Play installed without hitch.
Hello! And thanks for a really good Android firmware for the tinker board. Everything in general seems to be working fine, and when i play vids in kodi/netflix the CPU is only 50 degrees!

I suspect that most people that run android want to use it as a media center, and i found a few things that can be improved to make this experience better.

1. Wake up device:
I cant find anyway to wake up the device from sleep. I have a usb keyboard, and the ports seems to be powered during sleep, but trying to wake the device by pressing any kind of button combination does not work. I think this might have something to do with the kernel. If this already works please do tell how to wake it.

1. Dynamic refresh rate switching:
In some of the media center devices there is a dynamic refresh rate switching, which essentially outs the hdmi output at the right refresh rate before playing videos. I know that Kodi supports it, and i think other players like Netflix do too. Sadly there seems to be a bug in a lot of android Firmwares (including this one) that reports available modes wrong. I have talked to the Kodi developers and they say that a buggy firmware can make this function not work properly:

->developer.android.com/reference/android/view/Display#getSupportedModes()

Latest Nvidia shield software, and fire tv updates has this working so it can be done.

If we could get those two things fixed, the tinker board would be one of the nicest media center experiences out there!

I would gladly help any way i can to fix this, but i don't really have any experience patching the android kernel myself yet

/K
Hi andybjackson,

I found the [Display].. menu in [Settings].. would crash on a clean install after about 15 to 20 mins.. 
if you don't set a [Sleep] time & leave it on [Never Sleep].. its very strange.. 
the only way to fix Display menu.. was to Factory reset.. tinker board ..[...

update: you might be able to fix Display menu by...
Code:
adb connect 192.168.x.x
adb shell settings get system screen_off_timeout          # see current [Sleep time]..
adb shell settings put system screen_off_timeout 120000   # set [Sleep time]..
adb reboot

on a clean install.. you have to set a [Sleep] time..  and not leave it on [Never sleep].. 
but what's strange is that.. if you do set a time of say.. 5 mins.. 
when you restart the tinker board and check the the sleep setting..
its set to 10 mins.. and there is no more [Never Sleep].. ;-].. very strange.. 

so.. I restarted the tinker board.. set the sleep time to the longest time.. 30 mins..
and also enable the screen saver.. set it to the clock app.. to start when Docked or charging... 

then to stop power management from shutting down screen & the tinker board.. 
you can .. 

1. enable [Developer option].. and make sure [Stay awake].. is on or..

2. How to prevent an android device from entering sleep (via adb command shell)
Code:
adb connect 192.168.x.x
adb shell svc power stayon true

also.. Disable HDMI control..................................................

Code:
adb shell settings put global hdmi_control_enabled 0
adb shell settings put global hdmi_control_auto_device_off_enabled 0
adb reboot

you can check your settings....

Code:
adb shell settings list global        # https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.Global
adb shell settings list system        # https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.System
adb shell settings list secure        # https://developer.android.com/reference/android/provider/Settings.Secure

andybjackson..
it was getting way... to long to keep on posting on this main thread.. 
so I moved the posts to a normal thread..

Google Play Store ON clean install TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat V14.1.2.50
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fix.. [Screen Lock] menu.. fails to open after PIN / Password is set...

fix Asus Email and Contacts Apps...

download and install live wall papers...

get root / got root under Termux...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope it helps,
k.