This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compiling Tinkerboard's Android
It should have more CPUs to run 28 jobs -j28, otherwise it will be useless. The improvement might need to use distcc.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
I tested in -J4, -J1 is nothing that works
French

[Image: DvoQb5v.png]

Hi, I get the following error. Can someone please help me resolve it?

Thanks
@vivekb
Well, it is supposed that in a english forum to read english messages. Or it will limited to who knows your language.
(07-23-2019, 06:05 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: @vivekb
Well, it is supposed that in a english forum to read english messages. Or it will limited to who knows your language.

The tool is in Chinese. I do not understand Chinese. That is one reason to ask here. @kbungo had mentioned this tool in the post as the last step.
(07-22-2019, 01:37 PM)vivekb Wrote: [Image: DvoQb5v.png]

Hi, I get the following error. Can someone please help me resolve it?

Thanks

it says failed to open file according to the google translate app. make sure the file is in the proper location and is readable with normal application permissions. if you've copied the file from one place to another try to MD5/hash it and verify the copy didn't get weird on you.

If all of this is okay, then make sure the img is the right size and you didn't miss some errors in the mkimage steps.

(07-18-2019, 11:54 AM)tastebin Wrote: i am trying myself in compiling. are there android pie files in repo? should mean can i change the bitbucket link in 9.0.0 or simmilar?

There are no Android Pie repos at the moment and i don't expect there to be one any time soon if i'm being honest. Rockchip (the source holder) does not maintain backward compatibility well and is not one to keep on the cutting edge. Because of changing in Android Oreo and above, they'll have to rewrite a LOT of their source and the compilation steps will be very different. Kernel rewrites and stuff will make it hard if they do it at all.

(07-18-2019, 03:34 PM)Leskriim Wrote: I block at this stage:

Compilation of the system image (~ 50 minutes to -j28)

Code:
cd {croot}

make -j28> buildlog.log 2> & 1 &

If you tried one at j28 when you should have used j4 or so you'll need to do a
Code:
make clobber
before trying again. It can corrupt file output badly. I note in the instructions to adjust job quantity to your processor.

IF that doesn't work, upload the buildlog.log file somewhere and link it and we can try to take a look and see what the error is.
I can't get the SPI image tool to work. I have the same exception as listed in the above screenshot. Does anyone have an alternative SPI image tool? It would be awesome to have something that works on linux.
I was using the wrong update.img file (the one from the $OUT directory). 

I needed to use the update.img file that was created in the
Code:
[source tree]/RKTools/linux/Linux_Pack_Firmware/rockdev
directory with the SpiImageTool
I opened the buildlog.log file and wrote this:

Code:
libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/kati/Makefile.ckati:89: out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/ckati_intermediates/affinity.o] Error 127
make: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....
prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-2690385/bin/clang++: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/kati/Makefile.ckati:89: out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/ckati_intermediates/command.o] Error 127
prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-2690385/bin/clang++: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/kati/Makefile.ckati:89: out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/ckati_intermediates/eval.o] Error 127
make: *** [build/kati/Makefile.ckati:89: out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/ckati_intermediates/dep.o] Error 127
French

Try to install libcurses, the closest guess.