This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
faster splash screen
wanting to get an image displayed as early as possible on tinkeros.  plymouth takes like 15 seconds to show up.  was looking at the readme for u-boot and it seems to have a config option, CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN. how can i set this to show an image i want?
I don't think is what you expect. But just give it a try to recompile the u-boot.
So first download it, then before compile it, you may browse the configuration, better
Code:
make menuconfig
within the TB itself otherwise
Code:
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- menuconfig
from a foreigner PC.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
I also was curious if its possible to show splash screen immediately after the boot. Did not found the proper solution yet.

Standard logo is useless indeed, it is displaying too late.
This is telling that is possible. It may take a little study to implement it. But it may be a blink when it's the kernel that would pick up the same picture.
Anyway, you may look at research with u-boot splash screen and they'll tell you more details.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin