This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Howto] Root TB Android Nougat with Magisk
Sorry I can't upload a full image. But you don't need fastboot if you use a jumper to put the TB into bootloader.
So in short I have to just flash boot.img through dd ? If yes so which boot.img ? There are two links for downloading but which is suitable for my purpose
Thnx Smile lobo
(12-18-2018, 05:40 PM)Hax4us Wrote: So in short I have to just flash boot.img through dd ? If yes so which boot.img ? There are two links for downloading but which is suitable for my purpose
Thnx Smile lobo

The first one is for flashing to sdcard and can be used to boot, its patched with magisk.
The second one is for using with magisk to patch by yourself. Note that there is a new version of magisk availlable.
Hey lobo after dding your boot image , magisk manager is installed but not opening Sad

Lightning browser is also not working Sad
For any website , a pop up is appearing and saying that "connection to the site is not secure - date of certificate is invalid"

after reboot magisk is working but I am not able to update and lightning is now not showing any popup, but crashing while downloading anything.
(12-19-2018, 06:34 AM)Hax4us Wrote: Hey lobo after dding your boot image , magisk manager is installed but not opening Sad

Lightning browser is also not working  Sad
For any website , a pop up is appearing and saying that "connection to the site is not secure - date of certificate is invalid"

after reboot magisk is working but I am not able to update and lightning is now not showing any popup, but crashing while downloading anything.

I think this certificate issue is because you need to set the date and time. Best you set it to automatic. Remember that the TB don't have a real time clock. And I think you need to install the Magisk Manager again.
(12-19-2018, 05:45 PM)lobo Wrote: Remember that the TB don't have a real time clock.
I added one for a couple of USD Wink
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Yes you were right lobo. Date & Time was the problem
Photo 
Quote:[edit]
Found the right values to read and write boot.img direct to sdcard.

To read:
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/sdx of=boot.img bs=512 skip=122880 count=65536

To write:
Code:
sudo dd of=/dev/sdx if=newboot.img bs=512 seek=122880

I made it once with my sdcard and it worked. But please be careful, a typo in dd command can destroy your image and you have to reinstall the image again. Always a good idea to make a backup before.

WINDOWS DD:

Download DD from chrysocome
Just Google chrysocome dd.

The syntax: dd if=c:\yourfolder\newboot.img of=\\.\e: bs=512 seek=122880 --progress

Just change the "yourfolder" and the "e:" to your locations.
Is it mandatory to compile the source code for root?
 I'm french

(03-09-2019, 09:49 AM)Leskriim Wrote: Is it mandatory to compile the source code for root?
No it is not needed. Please read carefully the first post.