This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need USB3.0 Port to connect Kinect V2
Hello everyone
I'm new to tinker board and this forum Smile
I need to connect my Kinect V2 to my tinker board, the problem is the incompatibility of Kinect V2 output (USB3.0) and tinker board inputs. I'm trying to use a Ethernet to USB3.0 adapter, but I'm not sure if it's possible to use the adapter this way
I appreciate any help. the problem is with the high data transfer speed of Kinect. Which ports/interfaces I can use?
Amazon ad Wrote:
  • Required to run: Dedicated USB 3.0 USB port, 2 GB RAM, Dual-core 3.2 GHz  or faster 64-bit (x64) processor, high powered graphics card
  • Will not  work if requirements are not met
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(10-29-2018, 08:27 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote:
Amazon ad Wrote:
  • Required to run: Dedicated USB 3.0 USB port, 2 GB RAM, Dual-core 3.2 GHz  or faster 64-bit (x64) processor, high powered graphics card
  • Will not  work if requirements are not met

Thanks for your reply, so surely Tinker Board won't be able to work with Kinect V2, right? even by finding a way to solve USB3.0 problem?  with 2 GB RAM, Quad-core 1.8 GHz, Quad-core ARM Mali-T760 MP4 GPU clocked at 600 MHz.
What happens when you connect it to the existing USB2 port? If it doesn't work, you are definitely out of luck. No matter what kind of adapter you use, it will not magically turn an USB2 port into an USB3 port.  There are other solutions with a relatively small form factor that provide USB3 connectivity (check out, for example, up-board.org). These are pricey though when compared to a TB.