This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Release] TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.8
(12-06-2018, 09:07 PM)mikeS Wrote: Hi,

I wonder what ASUS tested before they released v. 2.08. Their media player does not support video acceleration anymore and chromium videos (youtube) are simply a pain in the neck (with h264ify!). Chromium and Thunderbird have again to be downgraded to run and there are other issues unsolved.

Has anybody found solutions there?

I'm glad I did not format my 2.07 version which runs much more smoothly on a 128GB sdcard.

Dear, mikeS
    May I know how do you check that "media player does not support video acceleration" ?
(11-27-2018, 07:45 AM)jamess Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:33 AM)mikeKeY Wrote: Welcome news -- Thank you.

As for, "Add brightness node and support backlight control for DSI Touch Display". . .

/sys/class/backlight is still empty (unlike Raspbian), and no GUI or other method to control the backlight is apparent to me.

Can you be a bit more explicit about ASUS's implementation of this feature?

Thanks again.

Hi, mikeKey
   Can you try this path /sys/devices/platform/ff150000.i2c/i2c-3/3-0045/tinker_mcu_bl ?
   You can echo 0 ~ 255 into this node.
B/R
james

Did someone try this? 
i cant find tinker_mcu_bl node on that path. Please help.
(11-29-2018, 03:50 AM)jamess Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 02:49 PM)jpiat Wrote: Just tried the board with an imx219 camera and gstreamer. It does not work well, i cannot get a good image and gstreamer sometime crashes (maybe because of the h264 encoder). Device-tree enables the proper driver (sony,imx219) instead of the crappy rockchip implementation (imx219_v4l2-i2c-subdev) but it does not work as expected.

We forgot to inform that we used a new ISP driver to enable AE/AWB so the gstreamer command needs a little modification.
Please check the below wiki for the part of "USING THE CAMERA"
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index.php/CSI-camera

I just tried the updated gstreamer command and it works ... kinda. The image quality is not very good and once again it seems to me that the FOV is cropped (by a lot) at 1080p. Usually if the sensor resolution does not match the target resolution, the ISP should be used to do the re-scaling and not just dropping image column/lines.

It would be nice to have a complete description of the parameters of rkcamsrc and maybe get some hint on how to edit the configuration xml file to customize image quality and sensor cropping.
(12-10-2018, 02:00 PM)fraan14 Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 07:45 AM)jamess Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:33 AM)mikeKeY Wrote: Welcome news -- Thank you.

As for, "Add brightness node and support backlight control for DSI Touch Display". . .

/sys/class/backlight is still empty (unlike Raspbian), and no GUI or other method to control the backlight is apparent to me.

Can you be a bit more explicit about ASUS's implementation of this feature?

Thanks again.

Hi, mikeKey
   Can you try this path /sys/devices/platform/ff150000.i2c/i2c-3/3-0045/tinker_mcu_bl ?
   You can echo 0 ~ 255 into this node.
B/R
james

Did someone try this? 
i cant find tinker_mcu_bl node on that path. Please help.

Do you have this path? /sys/devices/platform/ff150000.i2c/i2c-3/3-0045/
Is there any file in this path?
(12-10-2018, 09:41 PM)jpiat Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 02:49 PM)jpiat Wrote: Just tried the board with an imx219 camera and gstreamer. It does not work well, i cannot get a good image and gstreamer sometime crashes (maybe because of the h264 encoder). Device-tree enables the proper driver (sony,imx219) instead of the crappy rockchip implementation (imx219_v4l2-i2c-subdev) but it does not work as expected.

We forgot to inform that we used a new ISP driver to enable AE/AWB so the gstreamer command needs a little modification.

I just tried the updated gstreamer command and it works ... kinda. The image quality is not very good and once again it seems to me that the FOV is cropped (by a lot) at 1080p. Usually if the sensor resolution does not match the target resolution, the ISP should be used to do the re-scaling and not just dropping image column/lines.

It would be nice to have a complete description of the parameters of rkcamsrc and maybe get some hint on how to edit the configuration xml file to customize image quality and sensor cropping.

If you want to get the full of FOV, please change the resolution of camera (default is 1080p) by bellow command:
$ sudo apt-get install v4l-utils
$ media-ctl --set-v4l2 '"imx219 2-0010":0[fmt:SRGGB10_1X10/3280x2464]'
$ gst-launch-1.0 rkcamsrc device=/dev/video0 io-mode=4 isp-mode=2A tuning-xml-path=/etc/cam_iq/IMX219.xml ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=1800,height=960 ! rkximagesink

Please note: if preview size > 1080p, please change video0 to video1.
(12-11-2018, 03:49 AM)topdjgod Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 09:41 PM)jpiat Wrote:

If you want to get the full of FOV, please change the resolution of camera (default is 1080p) by bellow command:
$ sudo apt-get install v4l-utils
$ media-ctl --set-v4l2 '"imx219 2-0010":0[fmt:SRGGB10_1X10/3280x2464]'
$ gst-launch-1.0 rkcamsrc device=/dev/video0 io-mode=4 isp-mode=2A tuning-xml-path=/etc/cam_iq/IMX219.xml ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=1800,height=960 ! rkximagesink

Please note: if preview size > 1080p, please change video0 to video1.

Hi,

thanks a lot for this information, it works full frame now. Do you have any documentation on how we can tweak the xml file to iprove image quality in specific conditions ?
(12-10-2018, 11:08 AM)jamess Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 09:07 PM)mikeS Wrote: Hi,

I wonder what ASUS tested before they released v. 2.08. Their media player does not support video acceleration anymore and chromium videos (youtube) are simply a pain in the neck (with h264ify!). Chromium and Thunderbird have again to be downgraded to run and there are other issues unsolved.

Has anybody found solutions there?

I'm glad I did not format my 2.07 version which runs much more smoothly on a 128GB sdcard.

Dear, mikeS
    May I know how do you check that "media player does not support video acceleration" ?

Hi Jamess,

yes, sure, I copied a short video clip to my SDCard with TinkerOS 2.08, taken from a TV pop concert that I had recorded:
Video data: length: 4:55min, format: 1280x720, data rate: 14104 kBit/s, total bit rate: 14360 kBit/s, 50.00 frames/s; 
Audio data: 256 KBit/s, stereo, 48.000 kHz
File format: .ts File length: 518.180 KB
The built-in media player in Tinker OS 2.08 did not manage to build one clear picture, I just saw stripes and blocks.

Using Tinker OS 2.07 the built-in media player has absolutely no problems playing this file, not even in full screen (VLC doesnot play the video fluently, only the sound seems OK).

Hope this helps.
Thank you James,

Like fraan14, I'm unable to locate tinker_mcu_bl.

Within /sys/devices/platform/ff150000.i2c/i2c-3/3-0045/ are 3 links, 3 files, and 1 directory.  (There's nothing hidden)
Here's what we've got:
     driver (link)
     of_node (link)
     subsystem (link)
     modalias (file)
     name (file)
     uevent (file)
     power (directory)

Within the ../power/ directory are 9 files:
     async
     autosuspend_delay_ms
     control
     runtime_active_kids
     runtime_active_time
     runtime_enabled
     runtime_status
     runtime_suspended_time
     runtime_usage

But, alas, no tinker_mcu_bl node.  Any suggestions?
Thank you again.
(12-13-2018, 12:16 AM)mikeKeY Wrote: Thank you James,

Like fraan14, I'm unable to locate tinker_mcu_bl.

Within /sys/devices/platform/ff150000.i2c/i2c-3/3-0045/ are 3 links, 3 files, and 1 directory.  (There's nothing hidden)
Here's what we've got:
     driver (link)
     of_node (link)
     subsystem (link)
     modalias (file)
     name (file)
     uevent (file)
     power (directory)

Within the ../power/ directory are 9 files:
     async
     autosuspend_delay_ms
     control
     runtime_active_kids
     runtime_active_time
     runtime_enabled
     runtime_status
     runtime_suspended_time
     runtime_usage

But, alas, no tinker_mcu_bl node.  Any suggestions?
Thank you again.

Hi mikeKeY,

Do you connect the DSI panel? Or HDMI panel?
This file node is just for RPI DSI panel.

Thanks
(12-12-2018, 08:56 PM)mikeS Wrote: Hi Jamess,

yes, sure, I copied a short video clip to my SDCard with TinkerOS 2.08, taken from a TV pop concert that I had recorded:
Video data: length: 4:55min, format: 1280x720, data rate: 14104 kBit/s, total bit rate: 14360 kBit/s, 50.00 frames/s; 
Audio data: 256 KBit/s, stereo, 48.000 kHz
File format: .ts File length: 518.180 KB
The built-in media player in Tinker OS 2.08 did not manage to build one clear picture, I just saw stripes and blocks.

Using Tinker OS 2.07 the built-in media player has absolutely no problems playing this file, not even in full screen (VLC doesnot play the video fluently, only the sound seems OK).

Hope this helps.

Hi, mikeS
    Is it possible that you can provide your video file to us ?