This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Release] TinkerOS_Debian V2.0.8
(11-27-2018, 07:45 AM)jamess Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:33 AM)mikeKeY Wrote: Welcome news -- Thank you.

As for, "Add brightness node and support backlight control for DSI Touch Display". . .

/sys/class/backlight is still empty (unlike Raspbian), and no GUI or other method to control the backlight is apparent to me.

Can you be a bit more explicit about ASUS's implementation of this feature?

Thanks again.

Hi, mikeKey
   Can you try this path /sys/devices/platform/ff150000.i2c/i2c-3/3-0045/tinker_mcu_bl ?
   You can echo 0 ~ 255 into this node.
B/R
james

Works PERFECT thanks!
My TinkerBoard S booted the 1st time I tried it (in about 5 secs)  and displayed the TinkerBoard wallpaper and a single Trash Can icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.  No task bar is visible or any other controls.  The desktop context menu (rt-click on the wallpaper) displayed as expected and my  mew Logitech cordless keyboard moved the popup menu.  Having used the current Etcher to flash the 20180622-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.7.img I can't imagine how I could have possibly screwed this up.  This isn't my 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd exposure to Linux, in fact in a prev life I used to install and customize text-only FreeBSD file servers on occasion.  I even tried the previous release 20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.img, no joy.  One icon, no task bar, nothing.   Anyway, the Micro USB power port on my TB seems to have failed this AM, so I'm on timeout til I recv the replacement from Amazon.  Could the board been otherwise defective ?  Doesn't seem likely, but we'll see in a couple days.  Could it be I just happened to download defective Tinker OS images ?
(03-06-2019, 12:57 AM)jetman3 Wrote: My TinkerBoard S booted the 1st time I tried it (in about 5 secs)  and displayed the TinkerBoard wallpaper and a single Trash Can icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.  No task bar is visible or any other controls.  The desktop context menu (rt-click on the wallpaper) displayed as expected and my  mew Logitech cordless keyboard moved the popup menu.  Having used the current Etcher to flash the 20180622-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.7.img I can't imagine how I could have possibly screwed this up.  This isn't my 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd exposure to Linux, in fact in a prev life I used to install and customize text-only FreeBSD file servers on occasion.  I even tried the previous release 20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.img, no joy.  One icon, no task bar, nothing.   Anyway, the Micro USB power port on my TB seems to have failed this AM, so I'm on timeout til I recv the replacement from Amazon.  Could the board been otherwise defective ?  Doesn't seem likely, but we'll see in a couple days.  Could it be I just happened to download defective Tinker OS images ?

Turns out when I had a working board (for more than a couple hours) I played w/ the Recycle Bin and from its About Box I was reminded of keystroke navigation in the GUI, which then inspired the idea of a screen resolution/geometry issue and maybe there was a taskbar, just off screen.  So Ctrl+Esc displayed the main LXDE menu and I eventually found the Monitor Settings applet and I was able start using my Tinker Board !  Excluding a Synaptic prob I'm researching now, I had a few good hours last nite w/ my new acquisition.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetman3's post:
  • StormingMeccanoMan
Because the first versions of Tinker OS were buggy and later versions brought display problems like those mentioned by @jetman3 I didn't use my Tinker board for quite a long time. Today I wanted to use it again for a headless server project, installed 20181023-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v2.0.8.img.zip and my display problems were away, right from the beginning!  Cool
Hi everyone, what am I supose to do with "Err:31 http://tprd.asus.com:8000 stretch InRelease" when "sudo apt-get update" is used on my tinker board S? A lot of index failed to download.
Thank you.
Regards,
Corentin.
(04-16-2019, 09:00 AM)Corentin Wrote: Hi everyone, what am I supose to do with "Err:31 http://tprd.asus.com:8000 stretch InRelease" when "sudo apt-get update" is used on my tinker board S? A lot of index failed to download.
Thank you.
Regards,
Corentin.

I can run this command with Tinker-OS V2.0.8 correctly.
Can't get VNC to work in V2.0.8. I read about missing fonts and found some guides to add these components but it's still not working. There is still a error about missing Type1 fonts. Did somebody figured this out?
Hi,

I'm new to Tinker Board.

Trying to run an image file (etching won't work - has to be run from USB or the microSD card).  Does anyone know how I can run an image file from a USB port with the target being the onboard SSD?

Many thanks.

B
The first stage to boot, it must be on a SD card or eMMC (for S version) then you'll be able to boot USB, PXE or other devices according u-boot compilation.
You might find informative this discussion. Including my writeup.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
Hi BenLS,

You can take a look & following below documents step.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Li...1513741761

If any, please let us know.
Thanks.